Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    The future of Palm will be much clearer when contracts expire. Verizon may help them get over their struggles for new customers, but it won't really help change the decline in mindshare.

Palm just isn't as exciting as they were in June so if a solid android/iPhone option becomes available then I wouldn't be surprises to see people ditch the pre.
    I hate to say it but palm needs to stop spending it's limited cash reserve on development and spend more on advertising. People believe everything their television tells them and if if their TV tells them that the PRE is the GREATEST phone ever invented 100,000 times they WILL believe it.
    Don't worry, Palm is preparing something big that'll be released in six to 12 months from now.
    lmao...

If they release new one i'll sell mine and buy the new one off craigslist or something
    Quote Originally Posted by glynnmi View Post
    I hate to say it but palm needs to stop spending it's limited cash reserve on development and spend more on advertising. People believe everything their television tells them and if if their TV tells them that the PRE is the GREATEST phone ever invented 100,000 times they WILL believe it.
    that's what i'm saying.
    Get WebOS all settled first then concentrate on media.

Right now they are seling well, just not OMG THE IPHONE IS DEAD numbers.

Guess what...no one is selling like that...closest was the Droid i suppose...but lets keep in mind Verizon is the biggest network, HUGE marketing push and without a killer phone in their whole line up.

The customers NEEDED something.

I trust in Palm...but if they don't make it, they'll be bought...without a doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    I think apple should buy Palm and then we would get best of both worlds. Even though I hate apple and refuse to become an apple zombie.
    If this happens I will just keep the Pre I currently have, turn off all "official" software updates, and use only homebrew until the thing is obsolete. At that point I would have to find another phone (I don't necessarily dislike Google, but I don't like Android). I will not own an Apple produt, nor would I allow any "updates" on my Pre that came from Apple. I'm one of those people that went so far to install the patches to disable the itunes sync "feature".
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    A moderately aggressive ad buy would be $50M, half of what the Droid ad campaign cost. One has to wonder how many sales that would generate. Let's say it doubles the last quarter of sales. That would be $100 per device sold, an astounding number.

Think of how much development you could achieve for $50 million. I imagine they could have put Classic preinstalled on every device AND developed an iTunes replacement for 1/10th of that amount.
    It's more than that. A decent marketing campaign lifts the platform, not just a few future products sold. Palm's problem is that the masses remain ignorant of webOS, what it can do, etc, etc.

Sprint didn't exactly help much either. Hopefully those two start to get it in 2010.
    I don't understand what's so good about the iphone, never did. I had the option of getting the iphone instead of the pre, but I chose this one. I just don't see the appeal. Yeah, the iphone has more apps, but to me, that's the only thing better about it, and even that I don't care about, because apps don't matter all that much to me.

Anyway, I read this whole thread, and I agree that if Palm goes down, someone will definitely buy it out... and if they do, who knows. Maybe they'll fix it faster and make it better so people on here stop complaining about every little thing.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    The mindshare survey mentioned here is invalid in more than one way, if you try to apply it to the future of Palm.

First off, there are numerous people who want a Smartphone, but don't even know what an "OS" is. All they know is that they want Facebook on their phone. They heard from their neighbor that an iPhone can do that and here's a vote for iPhone. They then ultimately go to a Verizon store and walk out with a Droid because that's what Verizon carries.

Second, intent is not a quantifyable unit of measure. I really really really intend to buy a Nissan Skyline before I die, but that doesn't mean I'm ever going to. And guess what? I lied. I don't even like the Skyline nor can I buy one in this country, it's just the first thing that came to mind. In 10 years time, I'm gonna buy a Ferrari instead. But there's a vote for the Skyline.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123