Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I have encountered a problem and was wondering if anyone else has run into it. I updated my preware software through preware over the air. Now when I load preware, it states that I have no patches applied to the pre when I have about 25. My problem is, before palm releases a new update, I must remove the patches. I cannot remove them through preware now. Does anyone know what I can do other than webos doctor? Thanks for any help.
  2. #2  
    i have the same issue
  3. #3  
    You can use Emergency Patch Recovery in Preware or WebOS Quick Install
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    You can use Emergency Patch Recovery in Preware or WebOS Quick Install
    WOQI and preware both show nothing is installed, they dont even recognise the Palm webos apps from the app catalog.

    EPR Did work from preware for me but not from WOQI however the fact that they both detect anything on the phone is a bigger issue than just removing patches using EPR, you cant uninstall themes for one you cant update any apps , heck you cant remove any apps that run a service etc..
  5. ericp74's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #5  
    Not sure if its only me, but Preware never recognizes patches I installed thru WOQI. So I removed those patches with WOQI & now only install patches thru Preware so I can update or remove when necessary.
  6. #6  
    yes Preware Does NOT recognize patches from WOQI , but it should recognize its own installation of patches
  7. #7  
    I had the same problem.. I was waiting for the repair utility but we never have the release so I had to doctor my phone, and after do a partial erase for the homebrew apps and patches leftovers , after that install preware without a problem also apps and patches work like a charm and preware is recognizing them!!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by vbhakta View Post
    my WOQI wont let me install preware i go to the all feed and it is not listed plz help any body
    Sorry about that.. This is the link: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...g-webosqi.html
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by vbhakta View Post
    my WOQI wont let me install preware i go to the all feed and it is not listed plz help any body
    It should be listed under the webOS internals feed.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    yes Preware Does NOT recognize patches from WOQI , but it should recognize its own installation of patches
    Actually, the patches should be seen on Preware whether they were installed from WOQI or Preware. My patches show up and I installed them from WOQI. I have the latest software installed on the phone and computer. Maybe check all your settings.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by kid james View Post
    Actually, the patches should be seen on Preware whether they were installed from WOQI or Preware. My patches show up and I installed them from WOQI. I have the latest software installed on the phone and computer. Maybe check all your settings.
    You are replying to a post that is 7 months old... back in january WOSQI wasnt nearly as well integrated with Preware as it is now.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    You are replying to a post that is 7 months old... back in january WOSQI wasnt nearly as well integrated with Preware as it is now.
    Darn, didn't check date, thnx.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by vbhakta View Post
    my WOQI wont let me install preware i go to the all feed and it is not listed plz help any body
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Posting Permissions