View Poll Results: Did you remove you patches/tweaks prior to updating to 1.3.5.1?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • I removed all patches before the update.

80 39.22%
  • I installed the update without deleting patches/tweaks and everything works just fine.

124 60.78%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Remove or not to remove patches before updating to 1.3.5.1, that is the question. What did you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    Remove or not to remove patches before updating to 1.3.5.1, that is the question. What did you do?
    All good for me, just test installed (and removed) and app via preware and doing one via app catalog now, download/install fine after, not removed one yet.
    I installed the update without removing anything. However, I don't have any calendar patches installed. No idea if that would have messed things up or not.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Better safe than sorry, not all changes always make it into the changelog.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Was having the issue w/ exchange and needed the update, saw people saying it was ok to update over the patches so I went for it.... MISTAKE!!!!! Total nightmare (literally, up all night w/ the doctor etc..) Phone is a mess now...
    I completely forgot to unpatch before updating late last night . . . (I had doctored the phone earlier yesterday and had reinstalled about 60 patches, so maybe I it was some kind of pain reaction.) In any case, the phone *seems* to be working just fine. Any other experiences.
    I have 47 patches. (no themes). I took off VK and email landscape, and then did update. everything is fine. preware works, app catalog works. patches work.

was slow/laggy at first but after a few luna's and 1 full restart. back to normal.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Before I updated, I checked the forum and noticed that people had updated to 1.3.5.1 with no problems, so I went ahead and tried it. Worked out fine.
    Have done it twice (did it manually last night and it wanted to install again this morning) both without removing 55 patches and (on this mornings install) my theme with no apparant problems
    Poll does need one more option:

I installed without removing patches and now my Pre is messed up!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I installed 1.3.5.1 after I removed all Calendar patches and my phone is working fine . I have/had no theme installed at the time. I would recommend at the minimum, remove all themes and calendar patches. It worked for me.
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzi View Post
    Better safe than sorry, not all changes always make it into the changelog.
    Exactly.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I removed all my patches, before the update. No problems with the update. Although, after the uninstall of each patch, Quick Install gave me error messages. Did anyone else have the same issue? The patches reinstalled fine. Minus the V Keyboard. Which now gives an error message!
    Did not remove and everything is working fine.
    If you have patches installed and do a full erase, does that remove the patches? I don't want to do this update. I had been patch free since 1.3.1 because I thought they would do another update to correct it sooner than they did. I haven't used preware, I did all my patches via webos quick installer, and I really don't want to remove by custom dial pad or boot logos. The only calendar patch I have is the month view.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Poll does need one more option:

I installed without removing patches and now my Pre is messed up!
    I tried editing the poll but I dont think I can.
    I installed with all patches still on my Pre. No issues so far. Did not have any calendar patches or a theme installed.
    I uninstalled to be safe rather then sorry.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    I had a few patches and applied the update, and nothing works. No PreWare, nada.

One good thing is my hidden messaging users came back, weird. Guess I gotta start clean and go from there.
    I chose the chicken (safe) method. The patches wont take that long to re-install. BTW, the update took about 3 minutes using WIFI at work.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast