1.    #1  
    I dont use exchange and am unaffected by the bug. My question is do i need to remove themes and patches before a forced update occurs or is this an optional update that I don't have to do? I would like to not have to remove everything... Thanks PreGods
    It will be forced in 10 days from the release date usually.
  3.    #3  
    Damn... figures. I had a theme glitch and actually have two steelers themes at the same time. Its BAD ***!!!!! I know the glitch wont happen again but alas..... Thanks rkkeller!!
    YMMV but I just updated without uninstalling patches, and all looks good.

I did not have a theme reinstalled since 1.3.5, I haven't found the 'right' one yet.
    If the patch was indeed just an exchange update as Palm claims, there really should be no conflict with patches or themes so everything should be ok if you just update..
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    If the patch was indeed just an exchange update as Palm claims, there really should be no conflict with patches or themes so everything should be ok if you just update..
    Being that it was 1MB and took only 3-4 min to install, and that they are using diff for patches now, I figured I'd be OK and the gamble paid off (for me at least)
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I actually woke up today with it downloaded already. Phone asked me if I wanted to install it though.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    just confirmed on my pre -it is forcing an update -next time I charge. I hope i have time to remove patches!!!!!