1.    #1  
    A frend of my got a german pre for christmas. Opened the box first exterday. after loading the battery and running it for the first time we for the first time saw the "shiny" spot on the screen. Its about 1x0,5cm and the colours in this place are somehow brighter then on the rest of the screen. If you look directly to the screen its not much visible. if you change the angle it can become really visible. Yesterday for once he started his pre and the spot was not there.. but now its back on its place...

If Im not wrong I have read some time ago something about it. but I cant find the thread(s) right now...

could somebody advice me?

thank you
    I believe i had the same thing a while back. There was a bright spot on the bottom right of the screen. I noticed his occurred every time after i had been using MyTether for 5-6 hours, i'm assuming its due to the heat from either charging or running alot of processes. Either way... after i took the phone off charge, about 30 mins later the spot went away.
  3.    #3  
    :-( even a long time removed from the TS or wall charger and even after a long while not using it.. the spot is still there.. chatting with the palm support right now..
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    clouding screen is one of the Palm Pre's Problems.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    clouding screen is one of the Palm Pre's Problems.
    and is it a reson for replacement? Or is there any cure for it?

thank you
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ive been using my Palm Pre for about 3 months and from first day screen has clouding near Charging port and at the bottom of screen and this clouding never expanded or damaged my pre screen.

im ok with that coz clouding appears when looking to screen at an specific angle. i never and i will not going to replace my pre for a refurbished one coz im afraid to got another palm pre with Oreo effect or other issues.

Regarding Palm Pre devices, many people going for a replacement and only few lucky of them happy with their replacement Pre's. if you wanna take the chance just go for a replacement