Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Turvey87
  1.    #1  
    Hey Everyone,

I haven't seen a thread that addressed the deletion of pictures specifically. I realize that there are safeguards in place to ensure that you don't accidentally delete a picture but, under the hypothetical situation that you had deleted an important picture is there any recommended solution to recovering it? Are there any applications that works specifically well with the Pre? Thanks in advance.
    Sharonp likes this.
    You can try Art Plus Digital Photo Recovery. I don't know if the Pre's file structure is similar to a memory card, but it's a free program so it won't hurt to try.

As a precaution, if you have pictures that important (or anything else for that matter), you should email them to yourself. That way you have a reliable backup as well as access to them should your phone become non-functional.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Hi Turvey.

I've had good success with this program for recovering deleted files:
    www z-a-recovery com

The demo version allows you to recover a few files, so you probably don't even need to buy it.
    I just ran the program on my Pre's media drive, and it found JPEGs I'd deleted, along with images I don't know where they came from - maybe Twitter icons.
    It has a preview screen to help find the needed file.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
    Regards,
    Josh
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have used Art Plus Digital Photo Recovery as posted by Darth Mo, and it works wonderfully at recovering some deleted photos, although as with any recovery program, there is a great chance the photos have become corrupted, (note thumbnail will appear just fine) but the picture will either be unable to open or will be partially gone. If you do run into this problem let me know, I am able to recover from this.
  5.    #5  
    I managed to find a few of the pictures which were deleted using Art Plus, thank you very much for the tip! Although some of them seem to be lost forever, I can live with it. Thank you again for everyone's help.

As a side note, I also found many of the images that other people seem to have found in this thread. Kind of an interesting and odd find, but good to know it's on everyone's!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You all may be a life saver! Thank You for suggesting this program! Today I recovered 552 "accidentally" deleted pics!!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Recuva from Piriform (The same folks that make the insanely popular CCleaner), is an excellent utility, and has recovered files even commercial utilities couldn't get.

Piriform - Download CCleaner, Defraggler, Recuva, Speccy - Millions of users worldwide!
    I cannot download any of these progrmas to me palm pre it doesn't support the file or whatever. Someone please help D:
    Quote Originally Posted by churchillkid View Post
    I cannot download any of these progrmas to me palm pre it doesn't support the file or whatever. Someone please help D:
    They are meant for your pc

Once installed on your computer
    Attach your pre in usb mode and run the program

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I've used Pandora Recovery to recover images, videos & mp3s from a few SD cards & computer hard drives. Never tried it for my Pre but I imagine it would work just as well

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    LOL on your avi. i have than saying on a tee with ER nurse instead of EMT. my son got it for me for christmas because he knows i would totally say that to a patient lol
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Another vote for Piriform Recuva.
    Quote Originally Posted by churchillkid View Post
    I recommend you use PhotoRec - CGSecurity

Also see this thread for more info on this topic.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...lm-pixi-2.html
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    I recommend you use PhotoRec - CGSecurity

Also see this thread for more info on this topic.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...lm-pixi-2.html
    It's funny how the 2 threads interlink to each other, even though the other basically just says to see this thread over and over..
    More serious question though..

Where's a compiled version of testdisk for webOS? My widk is a bit broken so I can't get this to compile. (I even grabbed both of the Maemo binaries but those wouldn't work (Wanted GLIBC2.7).)

I managed to use the z-a-recovery tool that was mentioned to recover all my files after a mis-doctoring, but it would be great to have this generally available for all. (And anyways, I had to borrow a windoze box to use z-a..)
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    Hi,
    If you have deleted important pictures from your memory card, then you need to recover deleted pictures from memory card by using Remo Recover (Windows)-Media edition to recover those pictures. Apart from pictures recovery, this software also supports recovery of media files like audio and video files. It was beneficial for me also in recovering all my deleted pictures few days back. You just have to download the software and check its utilities. Hope this will help you.