Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I was playing Quake earlier and was surprised to see how well notifications worked. Even though I was in a full screen 3d game, a text message came up in the notification area and then went away after a few seconds. It's obvious to me now that I think about it, since the game is its own card, but I was very delighted when it happened. It's great that you can be fully immersed in a game, while not having to ignore your notifications.

I don't know any other operating system that handles this so well. Even on my PC, I'd have to minimize a full screen game to view new IMs or e-mails. It's amazing how this platform takes multitasking to another level.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    I'm confused why this needs its own thread. But yeah I do agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGerbilKing View Post
    I'm confused why this needs its own thread. But yeah I do agree.
    It is nice on forums when people take the time to post something awesome. In general there is too much complaining these days.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I guess it really didn't need its own thread. I was just a bit excited lol. I come from WinMo...if you're playing a game in full screen, that's all you're doing and you have no idea what's happening in the background. This is just another reason why I love webOS. There's been worse threads in the past, right?
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

This hints again at what we can expect to see at CES. They didn't add landscape notifications for nothing...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Haha, I suppose.

I'm quite excited to see where Palm will take webOS - it has so much potential, I think it's by far the best phone OS to date.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    This hints again at what we can expect to see at CES. They didn't add landscape notifications for nothing...
    There's also landscape web browsing, but I think you're onto something there.

Thanks for giving this its own thread. We need more positive threads daily. It's not surprising that something positive has gotten so few responses, though.
    I haven't gotten any notifications while playing the new 3d games yet, but that really is nice. You have a good point, even a PC can't do this without messing the game up.

I still think the notification system is the best thing going on the Pre.