Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I ran the emergency patch removal, updated, restarted, now preware gets stuck at "Downloading Feed Information". Do we need a new preware, or do you have any advice for me?

At least my calendar is back...

Thank you!!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Close it and try again a few times. I have to do that with my Preware now and then.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Oh yeah, there it goes. It took me 4-5 times, which was unusually high.
    If you don't mind, I'll go ahead and delete thread, since it was essentially a non-item.
    My apologies.

UPDATE: While I have the ability to delete this post, I can't seem to kill the opening one. If there is a mod or somebody with rights to delete the thread, you have my blessing to do so.

Thank you and sorry!
    Last edited by neve; 01/04/2010 at 10:22 PM.
    I had a similar but different problem entirely. I received:

ERROR!

"The Package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? If you did, first try restarting Preware, then try rebooting your phone and not launching Preware until you have a stable network connection available.
    Ok.
    (see attachment)

I've done what that says multiple times, to no avail. I also tried to use WQI 2.96 to uninstall/reinstall Preware, but it didn't recognize my phone even though its currently charging via USB port. (as seen via the same attachment, but I get an error screen from WQI 2.96 (2nd & 3rd attachments).

Further, my phone was working perfectly before. Obviously I had upgraded to 1.3.5 just recently, since this problem started happening after 1.3.5.1. Previous to this update, I had updated to 1.3.5 (after removing theme, then all patches w/ EPR + WQI 2.96, just to be sure), EMH). Update went well, except I lost audio/video playback & ringtone playback. I was able to still used wifi tethering, preware, app catalog, everything worked fine, but the a/v playback (no sound/no actual playback). I fixed that by once again removing theme, all patches (EPR + WQI 2.96 EPR), then I used WebDoctor for 1.3.5. Once that finished, everything worked fine, including mytether, preware, etc. At that point having seen the 1.3.5.1 release, I decided not to patch anything & wait for the update. It came, installed fine, but now preware gives that error, & mytether doesn't work (that fix is simple, probably, just a quick uninstall/install) but my computer (and/or WQI 2.96) isn't recognizing the Pre in USB mode, so I can't right now. Next step is to unplug my Pre & reboot my computer (win7 ult). I'll update any changes. Any suggestions welcome, thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thx again. I figured out what I was doing wrong. In the midst of updating, I suppose DevMode was disabled. I never bothered or even remembered about DevMode, as I had always left it enabled.