Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1st Pre-works great, really happy with it.
    2nd Pre-?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    1st Pre-works great, really happy with it.
    2nd Pre-?
    Must not have had it very long.
    nearly 7 months on first pre and it is still perfect. 4 months ago had problem w stick in speaker mode. Q tip,,took some cotton off it,dipped in rubbing alcolhol, put in jack and turned a few times,,,tip was dirty when I pulled it out,,never had a problem again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziegt View Post
    he's had that pre since launch day...

I'm on my second pre only because i was mis handling it on my first one, i was sliding up the keyboard like it was toy then eventually got oreo effect and swapped it out. Since then i've babied my pre and have had it for over 3 months with no issues other than i dropped it on accident and broke power button but that's on me, other than that it's still mint w/ no issues.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Yeah babying stuff because it's delicate isn't my cup of tea. I'm not hard on my stuff but I don't treat it like a pre-historic artifact either. Durability is definitely an issue, it seems the only people who don't have problems are people who never put it in their pockets, etc.
    3 launch day Pres in our family, so 8 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    he's had that pre since launch day...

I'm on my second pre only because i was mis handling it on my first one, i was sliding up the keyboard like it was toy then eventually got oreo effect and swapped it out. Since then i've babied my pre and have had it for over 3 months with no issues other than i dropped it on accident and broke power button but that's on me, other than that it's still mint w/ no issues.
    maybe I should stop sliding it out as well. But its so much fun its like the switchblade my parents never let me have.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    3 launch day Pres in our family, so 8 months.
    Wow and no problems with any of them? Color me impressed.
    Yeah babying stuff because it's delicate isn't my cup of tea. I'm not hard on my stuff but I don't treat it like a pre-historic artifact either. Durability is definitely an issue, it seems the only people who don't have problems are people who never put it in their pockets, etc.
    oh i put it in my pockets and withouth the sleeve too, also i'm not running any protectant on it. so technically it's not babied that much.

what i mean by baby'ing it is; when i push slider up i don't throw slider up any more, i carefuly slide it up from the middle botton not from the sides, then when i close it i make sure i don't push it down fast i make sure it goes down evenly because if you start pushing down on one corner or throw it down, it will eventually lead to oreo effect.

I am more interested in Android 2.0. The Motorola Droid is a nice piece of hardware, with the faster processor, high res screen and the 5mp camera. I think when I go into the store to get my Pre replaced I will take a look at the Hero and the Moment though.
    I agree the droid has speed but nice piece of hardware? Hardly that keyboard is a piece of junk and nearly impossible to type on. I would have a droid if they would of actually given it a decent keyboard then palm pre plus came in and well I am in love.
    all i gotta say is this person had the best quote when it came to people who replace their pre's alot :

Quote Originally Posted by allergic View Post
    I think they were calling you to make sure you were a human and not a phone-smashing gorilla.

OMG OP what happened to Pre #5 ??? It's the missing clue in this tale of misery and woe?
    This a poll that was taken when supposedly when the first release Pre's had shoddy construction. This poll is a litte askew because unhappy people tend to seek out forums more that satisfied users and cell phones do get abused than most other devices. I think what it does show that the satisfied users are the silent majority in this forum even though they generally don't seek out forums!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...your-pres.html
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Scary posts!! I just got a pre + yesterday and thought I had made a good choice. I hope mine holds up! I need it to stay around for at least 1 year.
    Quote Originally Posted by foush View Post
    Scary posts!! I just got a pre + yesterday and thought I had made a good choice. I hope mine holds up! I need it to stay around for at least 1 year.
    i think its all case by case, i think most of these people who return pre's is because they treat them ruff, but i'm sure there are a hand few that actually comes all **** up.

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    2 Pre's for 7 months. A bit of slop in the slider and no other problems.

One spends its life in a purse getting banged around and womanhandled. The other is frequently in my jeans poket, sans sleve, with a Seido 2600.

Yet
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmpewter View Post
    OMG OP what happened to Pre #5 ??? It's the missing clue in this tale of misery and woe?
    The one I have now is #5. It has:

-Rippling on screen when I press gesture area and the phone is open
    -Proximity sensor seems to be shot
    -Oreo problem when opening the phone (fine when opened and closed)

Trust me I am not hard on the phone at all. I hardly use it. I think I talk maybe 200-300 mins a month. I always put it on a sheet of paper or a napkin or whatever is lying around so it doesn't get scratches. I do always carry it in my jeans front pocket so I dunno if that has anything to do with it. I don't wear tight jeans but they aren't baggy either...normal for a guy I guess.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12