1.    #1  
    i got a letter from sprint saying that i will be recieving a 5 dollar increase since my line was on a limit and i wasnt on auto pay, could i use this to cancel my contract? and if so, what would i have to tell sprint?
    I recieved the same leter. But mine stated that sprint is making rate changes blah blah blah. Cant remember the percent right off hand. It was not enough to bother me. I do know it was not because I have a limited plan or auto pay.

To answer your question, Yes you can call sprint and tell them that you wish to cancel your contract due to them making changes to it. It is the whole reason the letters was sent out. Now is 5 dollars really worth canceling your contract? some say yes some say no.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    The wording states, I believe, that the change they make must be to such an extent that the average user would find it impacts the plan materially, or substantially, don't recall exactly, but for sure you can't just because it changes, the change has to be big enough.
  4.    #4  
    im talking to them right now, lets see how it turns out
    keep us posted.
  6.    #6  
    well they gave me a number to call but they are closed, so ill call tomorro. but the lady i was talking to said it was highly doubtful they wouls waive the cancelation fee for this. so i guess im stuck with my pre. i just hope something really good comes out of ces.
    Really if 5 dollars kills you then you should cancel. Bet you could get a better deal if you tell them you are canceling because of the 5% up.
    Thats odd. When I activated my girlfriends pre at the store I spoke with them about it. And the lady said yes it is possible, due to them making changes to a contract that has already been signed. Hmmm come to think about it she also is the one that told me i cant get one of my phones replaced do to the power button not working. So who knows.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    this subject was talked about earlier by the fine folks who run precentral. according to them, this isjust the thing you can use to cancel your sprint contract. they've done this before (sprint) and if you are not satisfied with them then this a chance to get out. I personally don't think that any other carrier has a plan that can compete with sprint. but that is my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegov View Post
    this subject was talked about earlier by the fine folks who run precentral. according to them, this isjust the thing you can use to cancel your sprint contract. they've done this before (sprint) and if you are not satisfied with them then this a chance to get out. I personally don't think that any other carrier has a plan that can compete with sprint. but that is my opinion.
    i agree! good call you dont have to pay for a land line and there is no other plan for the money that you can have a cell and and a land line. not sure why anyone would want a land line......
    i had called and asked what it was about cuz i just added a line and they didnt say anything and they said since i have been with them and am such a valued blah blah blah that they will grandfather my plan so it will stay the same. ive been with em over 10yrs now though lol. didnt ask for it, just merely asked if they could explain what the charges would be and why, and a simple never mind you wont get them. i love sprint, they actually added my 3rd line for free, no activation, no monthly charge. just share the min and unlimited data. just asked to add a line. i really do love them, but understand why they keep losing people. they bend over backwards to give people that dont ask for anything everything, and people who want the same thing get the shaft and leave.
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    its my understanding that the $5 charge is for customers who have a monetary spending limit on their accoutn b/c of credit or whatever. if you are a premium customer or if you don't have a credit limit, this charge shouldn't and doesn't apply to you. i'm not sure if the charge is only imposed if you exceed your limit or if it is automatic if your account has a limit. go to middle of page 12 on precentral home page and look for story by robert werlinger http://www.precentral.net/sprint-cus...etf-next-month