Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    Yes before the update I had the patches: "Default to month view" and "All day events show up in month view". they are still working fine.
    Cool! Thanks, those are the same patches I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Not Palm, WebOS Internals.

See the Preware Features Roadmap thread.

-- Rod
    Rod, can you comment on the safety of doing this small update without removing anything, including themes?
    I installed last night in a haze while I was in bed and forgot to remove patches, woke up this morning scared that I might have totally messed it up but everything is working great so far. Virtual Keyboard and all. I didn't have any calendar issues that I knew of, what was the problem?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    So far, since the update, mail has been having a funny issue. New mail comes in and chimes...if I turn on the screen the notification is there, but if I turn it back off and leave it (or even if I just never turned it on) - it seem the mail app launches in the background and then my notification goes away. I thought it was just me leaving the mail app open, but I've tested it...anybody else see the issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by bjshedwick View Post
    Is Sprint Nav not working now?
    It works...even better since 1.3.5, IMO. The problem I was referring to is that you can now set Sprint Nav to open when you tap an address (like, from a contact). Awesome feature...if it worked! Ooops!
    Ok I just installed with about 30 different patches on and everything is still working fine.
    Installed almost perfect w/out removing any patches. Some all day events in my Google calendar weren't showing up so I removed that account and added it back, all day events now showing up properly. Don't know if this was already an issue or if the update caused it.
    Have not noticed any other ill effects, as of yet, from installing with patches still in place. Preware and the App Catalog are functioning as expected.

My current config/patches:

5x4 Icons v2 - Launcher
    Add Date - MM/DD - Top Bar
    Add Priority Discard Btns - Email
    Alarm Dialy Options - Clock
    Call Duration in Call Log - Phone
    Character Counter - Messaging
    Confirm Delete - Email
    Disable Charging Alert Sound - Sounds
    Enable Dialpad Vibration - Phone
    Enable LED Notifications - Screen and Lock
    Gesture Tap for Info and Delete - Launcher
    GestureClick Context Menu - Web Browser
    Hide Nascar App - Launcher
    Hold Chat Launch In New Card - Messaging - Get from WebOS Patch's thread
    Improved Filename Format - Camera
    Move Button in Emails - Get from Canuck Software thread
    Multi Mod - Web Browser
    Open to Alarm List - Clock
    Read/Delete All Email - Email
    Replies Forwards Multi Mod - Email
    Select Alert and Notification Tones - Sounds and Ringtones
    Swipe to Delete Videos - Video
    Timestamps - Clean - Messaging
    Unhide Dev Mode Icon - Launcher
    Virtual Keyboard
    Wrap Location Field - Calendar

Preware
    Package Manager Service
    Filecoaster
    Luna Manager
    Internalz
    FileMgr Service
    Terminal
    Terminal Service Plugin

Clock app easter egg: applied in preferences
    4231 - removes dashboard notification when alarm is turned on
    sixtyten - set alarm time in one minute intervals
    Last edited by NachoB; 01/05/2010 at 08:59 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Didn't remove my patches, and they still work after install here too. Must've not touched a whole lot with this update.
    Quote Originally Posted by CruiSin View Post
    So far, since the update, mail has been having a funny issue. New mail comes in and chimes...if I turn on the screen the notification is there, but if I turn it back off and leave it (or even if I just never turned it on) - it seem the mail app launches in the background and then my notification goes away. I thought it was just me leaving the mail app open, but I've tested it...anybody else see the issue?
    Mine is functioning normally.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I just updated to 1.3.5.1 and did not have any problems. However, a friend of mine is trying to update right now and his Pre locked up.

My update took only a few minutes and his has been locked up on the "Updating the system/Do not remove battery" screen for about a half hour.

Any suggestions? Obviously, removing the battery is a bad idea. But if the phone locked up and the update is broken, how does he move forward?
    Treo 600> Treo 755P> Palm Pre

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Duh, now I feel dumb. Skimming through, I thought I had installed the repeat reminder notifys patch for calendar reminders. Turns out I installed the Notification Repeat for e-mail...which was opening the email for the "repeat"...
    My patches were working flawlessly after 1.3.5. but, after 1.3.5.1, brand new problems:

1. The "Launcher" label doesn't show when I open it...it shows the label for whatever program/app I opened last.
    2. Takes FOREVER to upload Preware
    3. Internet connection (not wi-fi) stops working/freezes
    4. Overall, much more sluggish

Will report other issues as I find them.

Very upset with this update, which I did not need.

I uninstalled everything prior to update AND ran the EPR.
    Installed manually last night with no apparant problem, device info said i had 1.3.5.1. This morning when plugged Pre in to usb cable at office, it said update was available and wanted to install. At fist said not now, so it told me would install text time charging.

So, let it install, again without removing any patches (even left my theme on this time) and looks like wokring fine.

For a test I unplugged and replugged into charge a couple times and no new message so hopefully it "took" this time.
    My Pre woke me this morning with the chimes, even though sound was off.

I changed the alert sound to something other than chimes months ago, but there the chimes were. I didn't know what the heck was happening.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I uninstalled (i thought) my theme and patches, removed preware and the package manager and followed the rest of the directions for the 1.3.5 update. reinstalled and used as normal. Then I uninstalled again for 1.3.5.1 and reinstalled.

Now, it shows I have patches installed that I have not yet installed. I cannot remove them and cannot re-install them.

I ran EPR once, it installed and ran fine, but the patches still showed. Tried to install again and the epr tool says no patches found to uninstall. So how do I clear the list of installed patches so I CAN install them?

Example:
    4x4 Icons v3 shows installed.
    Click "remove" in preware.
    "Error Removing: See IPKG Log"
    Log reads:
    Prerm
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/ap/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed Patch detected! Ignore -R?[n]
    Apply anyway?[n]
    Skipping patch.
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R?[n]
    Apply Anyway?[n]
    skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored.
    etc.

Any ideas????
    Quote Originally Posted by mp0510 View Post
    I uninstalled (i thought) my theme and patches, removed preware and the package manager and followed the rest of the directions for the 1.3.5 update. reinstalled and used as normal. Then I uninstalled again for 1.3.5.1 and reinstalled.

Now, it shows I have patches installed that I have not yet installed. I cannot remove them and cannot re-install them.

I ran EPR once, it installed and ran fine, but the patches still showed. Tried to install again and the epr tool says no patches found to uninstall. So how do I clear the list of installed patches so I CAN install them?

Example:
    4x4 Icons v3 shows installed.
    Click "remove" in preware.
    "Error Removing: See IPKG Log"
    Log reads:
    Prerm
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/ap/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed Patch detected! Ignore -R?[n]
    Apply anyway?[n]
    Skipping patch.
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R?[n]
    Apply Anyway?[n]
    skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored.
    etc.

Any ideas????
    I'm experiencing essentially the same thing. Ran EPR before 1.3.5.1, now Preware says I have 56 patches installed.
    I saw this, and thought it was just me doing it. Then someone mentioned it in another thread. Yet another person responded to both of us that he thought it was the Notification Repeat (mail) patch that was causing this.

I removed it, and the issue went away, but a new one came up, Messaging would be open without me doing anything. Yep, I had the Notification Repeat (message) as well. Took that off, as well as the one for the phone.

These were all 1.3.5 related though, not 1.3.5.1
    I also did the update without removing anything, all is well so far.
    Do I have any need to upgrade to 1.3.5.1 if I do not use Exchange?
    Quote Originally Posted by mobdad View Post
    Do I have any need to upgrade to 1.3.5.1 if I do not use Exchange?
    I second that question - I don't use exchange and I now have everything working well after the 1.3.5 update.

When I bring up Updates it sas "We'll download it over the next couple of days..." etc. Is there any way to keep this from occuring and just stick with 1.3.5 ?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast