Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mackey38 View Post
    my pre got stuck at validating i closed it and shut down pre restarted it, everything works fine except when i go back into update i just get a white blank screen now
    I had the same issue. But then once my Pre charged to 30%, it immediately prompted me to install the update and it proceeded smoothly from there.

Dave
    i download with my patches it worked fine all i had was the virtual keyboard and it works fine so does doom and quake
    I updated with patches on, and it removed them. Preware doesn't work anymore, either.
    Rocky
    For me...App catalog, preware, VKB, MyTether, patches, theme with scrims, Quake, Doom, and everything else I can think of is fine
    I ran the Emergency Patch Recovery utility to remove all my installed patches, did the 1.3.5.1 update, and then ran Preware again to reinstall my patches. This all worked fine on my Pixi.

The update also fixed my missing calendar issue with the Google and Exchange calendars. App Store works fine after the upgrade. So maybe I got lucky...
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Quote Originally Posted by danman_6 View Post
    I guess ill be reinstalling every patch again... I do see everyone who has kept them on then updated hasnt had a problem, but why chance it??
    thats not punk
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    thats not punk
    hot topic is not punk rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmakar169 View Post
    hot topic is not punk rock.
    Dead Kennedys and Fear. That's punk rawk.

But i digress.....
    Im gonna install on the Pre with out removing my patches. There is a list of them somewhere...I've met the doctor a dozen times or so messing with stuff...and I always do it with updates, not this time. Its pretty hard to Brick your Pre. An annoyance is the worst it gets for me.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    I had the same issue. But then once my Pre charged to 30%, it immediately prompted me to install the update and it proceeded smoothly from there.

Dave
    Exact same thing here! I was draining my battery down b/c I cycle it once a week; and as soon as it hit 30% while charging it back up, it stopped validating and let me install the update.

This a hidden "safety feature" by Palm?

And I also updated without removing any of my patches (b/c I'm too lazy and I just got everything to where I like it), and everything still works! Preware, Doom, Quake, VK, App Catalog, and all my 30+ patches! GREAT SUCCESS!
    Last edited by HebrewHammer; 01/05/2010 at 02:07 AM.
    [QUOTE=mrloserpunk;2129233]Dead Kennedys and Fear. That's punk rawk.

/QUOTE]

Partial to early Rancid...but totally agree.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Here's my experience (successful update with a few glitches that cleared after several restarts):

- Used Preware to uninstall patches:
    Hide (Nascar, NFL, Amazon)
    Unthrottle download manager
    Battery as %
    Call duration in call log
    - Restart
    - Ran 1.3.5.1 update, which completed successfully
    - Ran Preware (hung on "Downloading Feed Information")
    - Restart
    - Ran Preware and reinstalled patches
    - Restart (patches applied correctly)
    - Checked App catalog, looks fine
    - Ran Preware (hung on "Downloading Feed Information")
    - Restart
    - Everything seems to work fine (keeping fingers crossed)
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Didn't EPR used to be Removal and not Recovery? Any difference?

Why can't I swipe away the 'gift box' in my dashboard?!? I swipe and it bounces back left or right. I don't use Exchange so I don't need this minor update...

*Edit*
    Installed anyways (only took about 5min) w/o removing patches and all seems to be working just fine, including access to Preware. Just weird being more or less forced to update. Hopefully it's a good sign for future (major) updates and not having to worry about removing patches.
    Last edited by Freshyz; 01/05/2010 at 03:51 AM.
    I wouldn't count on it.

to my understanding, all this update did was touch the EAS email portion

(aka did not touch any files relating to patches)
    I installed this update without removing my patches and theme. No problems so far. Whats the risk of doing this with this patch. From what I understand Palm was working on making it easier to install updates without removing your patches?
    Damn IT! I too just got my Pre back the way I like it with all my patches!

JERKS!
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    For those that installed with patches still applied, did you have any "calender patches" installed? Since this update concerned the calendar I wondered if it would be effected by any calendar patches.
    Update went fine on my GSM Pre with Sprint 1.3.5 and not removing any patches/applications/services. Did not have any Calendar patches tho.
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vizi View Post
    For those that installed with patches still applied, did you have any "calender patches" installed? Since this update concerned the calendar I wondered if it would be effected by any calendar patches.
    Yes before the update I had the patches: "Default to month view" and "All day events show up in month view". I installed the update without removing these and they are still working fine.
    I hate updates now that I have Tweaks and Patches installed on my Pre!!

It makes it so inconvenient to run the EPR and remove all the patches when some of them are a pain in the oss to get working in the first place. I read somewhere in this post that someone did the update without running EPR, and had no problems. I choose to run the dang EPR to be safe.

The main question is, "Why can't Palm just incorporate these damn tweaks and such, like simple Time stamp on texts and call duration in call log" Ya know, the most common and most desired features that this damn phone should have come with? Nabbit

Can someone answer this and also can I get an Amen on the patch removal crap that is supposed to be run on updates? I will Amen my own self.

Pea soup.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmprotection View Post
    From what I understand Palm was working on making it easier to install updates without removing your patches?
    Not Palm, WebOS Internals.

See the Preware Features Roadmap thread.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals