Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Just did this on my Pixi. 4x3 v3, Dev Mode, LED Notification, Luna, Battery icon/percent, Date MM/DD, all installed perfectly fine.
    I took the risk and just downloaded the update with over 60 patches and a theme package installed. I have not found any patch that has broken (at least not yet) and the phone appears to be working fine. Some folks have mentioned that the app catalog isn't working for them, but I am not experiencing any problems. Preware is working fine as well. Maybe I just got lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by rriver3 View Post
    I took the risk and just downloaded the update with over 60 patches and a theme package installed. I have not found any patch that has broken (at least not yet) and the phone appears to be working fine. Some folks have mentioned that the app catalog isn't working for them, but I am not experiencing any problems. Preware is working fine as well. Maybe I just got lucky.
    Any issues with Sprint Nav?
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    i did not remove any patches, and all is well. everything seems to work. yay!
    I was hoping that it would fix the issue with it syncing my Google contacts, but no luck. Preware and Patches are working fine for me...as I reinstall 30-40 patches!!
    Well the update also fixed calendar syncing with the MarkSpace/mac/snowleopard combo, which I can do wirelessly.

WebDoctor and WebOSQuickInstall - neither will acknowledge my Pre since 1.3.5. Imagine, no patches, it's an unpleasant omission
    I guess ill be reinstalling every patch again... I do see everyone who has kept them on then updated hasnt had a problem, but why chance it??
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    Therein lies the question: Would you trade security (automatic pushed required updates) for customizability (ability to turn off auto-updates)?
    I ment that when a security patch needed to be pushed, and possibly have all previous optional fixes included. but when a patch is rolled out to fix a non-security related feature, that's when it should be optional.

But palm does need to look at the larger picture and fix things for the majority of people and make things easier for the majority.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I had 25 patches but was too much of a chicken sh!t to update without removing all patches first! I was unable to find Emergency Patch Recovery Tool in Preware, but I did find it on WebOS Quick Install. Good luck everyone!

Sprint Nav launch from address still not working. :-(
    Last edited by seistoes; 01/04/2010 at 09:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    I also updated without removing patches and all is working well, including virtual keyboard.

After updating, I tried installing a patch with Preware and an app from the App Catalog. Both seem to be working just fine. App Catalog is now showing 1006 apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkspnt View Post
    it did not help the EAS issue.

hopefully there will be more

This patch was only intended to resolve the New Year issue. Not to down play your specific issue by any means, but Palm can not possible with ease put out updates that will resolve every issue as soon as it crops up with an update

1.3.5.1 - EAS issue
    1.3.5.2. - Sprint Nav issue
    1.3.5.3. - X issue

Now I'm sure some people would love the quick fixes and it would even make for some quicker turn around time (I'm sure most issues could be resolved in days) however it's far from efficient for both Palm and the end user. The other EAS issues that are appearing in 1.3.5 are important issues to Palm and we hope to have them resolved in a future update. I personally just don't want to see you discouraged from what I believe to be a huge step in the right direction Palm as a company is making. Palm OS days and none of these issues would be resolved in the time frame they are being resolved today.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure they just are tweaking it up for the CES presentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    I also updated without removing patches and all is working well, including virtual keyboard.

After updating, I tried installing a patch with Preware and an app from the App Catalog. Both seem to be working just fine. App Catalog is now showing 1006 apps.
    Exact same experience here.
    its me or take long validating????
    Also I seem to have more problems with VK patch if I just use the EPR tool, I now just uninstalled them all by hand and they are working great.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Well, I decided to experiment and install the update without removing theme and patches. I am comfortable with the Doctor, and with troubleshooting, so I figured I'd take the risk. If worst came to worst, I could fix the issues and then be able to give straightforward advice to others in a similar predicament.

Imagine my surprise, and pleasure, when I completed the installation. The app catalogue worked fine, notified me of an update to one of my apps and downloaded the update with no problem. Preware was just fine, and installed an update on another of my apps with no problem. Calendar, phone, messaging...everything works just fine. I checked every patch and app on my phone. My theme is fine, too.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS EXPERIMENT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. PEOPLE SHOULD ALWAYS REMOVE THEMES AND PATCHES PRIOR TO INSTALLING A PALM UPDATE!!!!!

But I'm kinda like my cat...curious. I just had to see what would happen.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    my pre got stuck at validating i closed it and shut down pre restarted it, everything works fine except when i go back into update i just get a white blank screen now
    Quote Originally Posted by mackey38 View Post
    my pre got stuck at validating i closed it and shut down pre restarted it, everything works fine except when i go back into update i just get a white blank screen now
    same happen to me i had to to do a partial erase to make the updates app work again!
    Add one more that did the update without removing patches. I DID take off my theme to be at least a bit safe, but did not want to take off and reinstall 55 patches, so took a chance.

So far no problems with anything. Patches all working. Preware and app cat doing fine.
    Installed without removing patches. Works great still. Had no theme.