Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can anyone point to a good app for twitter for the pre and some good stuff to follow, I already have Webos Internals and Precentral. Any anything else useful would help. Thank you for the help.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    try spaz in the app catalog
    And can someone tell us a good use for Twitter other than notifying followers of what you are doing? Do you just use it for updates from certain companies?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Here is a chart that compares the WebOS twitter apps. I'm not sure how up to date it is but I am really happy with the paid version of Tweed.
    Twitter Apps Comparison Chart - Palm Pre and Palm Pixi Forums
    Engadget, is my favorite tech feed to follow.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  5.    #5  
    Cool thanks, but really what is it? is it just a blog that you can follow different people and companies?
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    pretty much
    I vote for Spaz, myself.

Twitter is billed as "micro-blogging." Say what's on your mind in 140 characters or less. I use it to follow Pre Central, webOS Internals, and Palm Infocenter, not to mention Palm themselves. It's a good way to keep tabs on different companies, websites, and people.

I have lots of friends that I follow, and we use it to keep tabs on one another. I'm kind of addicted to it --a lot more so now that I have a phone with an awesome Twitter client-- but some folks just don't get it, or care for it. *shrug* To each their own.

But give it a whirl. See what you think. Try Spaz. If that doesn't fit your bill, there are at least two other excellent Twitter apps for webOS.
  8.    #8  
    thanks for the info it was really helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Cool thanks, but really what is it? is it just a blog that you can follow different people and companies?
    I use Twitter to keep tabs on my hobbies (running and smartphones) in real time. I will follow fellow runners or tech folks then set up keyword searches ("palm pre", "android", etc) to see what others say about the topics. From there, I follow the interesting folks or just browse the searches.
    i'm a big fan of the paid version of Tweed; well worth the money! as far as people/things to follow, i recommend...ME! twitter.com/igobytony I follow a lot of bands, brands i like, and random fun people to talk to. twitter is really about conversation and sharing (posting links to articles, photos, songs, etc...), and not just shouting out into the air that you just took a big dump. though that happens too

to help learn about twitter follow mashable. if you search you'll find him, or check out mashable.com. it will help a lot in learning how to get the most out of and really enjoy twitter. there is a small learning curve, then you will learn that twitter is the new crack.

have fun!
    Nothing wrong with Tweed but I'm partial to Twee. I've purchased and used both and Twee suits me better. As for following, you can seriously find new people and feeds that match any interest you may have every day.

And the comparison chart linked in post #4 might be helpful if the top right corner wasn't totally obscured by the Timbuk2 ad. I love T2 and have several of their bags, I'm jus' sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottitude View Post
    And the comparison chart linked in post #4 might be helpful if the top right corner wasn't totally obscured by the Timbuk2 ad. I love T2 and have several of their bags, I'm jus' sayin'.
    LOL. If you log in the ad goes away.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    twee!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I paid for the Tweed app and it's working great for me. The latest version has Landscape View!
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    LOL. If you log in the ad goes away.
    D'oh! Didn't even occur to me...
    I prefer Tweed. I started out following news like morning Joe and Rachel Maddow. Cooking blogs, makeup blogs. (I won a clarisonic worth $225.00.) Tech blogs. I always tweet diaries from daily kos. You can actually have a good group discussion on there. Palm, precentral, cnet are all on there. I follow a few celebrities, but not many. Smokey robinson follows back, tho. If someone tweets something you like, check out who they follow and check out their lists.
    Tweed is a great app.
    Tweed is awesome!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    That's basically it, except that it's really known as a "micro blog". With the 140 character limit, it means that updates are usually small (note, a lot of folks miss the idea behind the limit, and post mini-essays stretching across multiple tweets, but that's what "unfollow" is for ).

Personally, I prefer Twee (no "d" on the end). Nicely done interface.
    Cool thread. Do these Twitter apps work just as well for the Pixi?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast