Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    Okay, so the other day I finally found out about 1.3.5 or whatever the new patch is. I haven't been checking the site regularly through the holidays. I webOSdoctored my pre and installed the new patch.

    Now whenever I receive SMS, I no longer hear the notification and it no longer vibrates. I've checked all the settings to make sure that they are correct. My phone doesn't even light up anymore when they happen. The only way I know whether or not I've received messages is with the blink patch that I've since re-installed.

    Any advice? I'd really rather not go through the doctoring again if this can be fixed easily. I'm off network right now and don't feel like driving down the street to set my phone back up after doctoring. Thanks.

    P.S. I've checked the stickied posts and search feature to find solutions but couldn't find them, so, please don't post things like "use the search feature." You don't understand how much that frustrates me.
  2.    #2  
    I guess I should have titled the post something like "Pre sucks!" Maybe then I'd get some feedback?
  3. #3  
    Interesting...since you doctored the phone Before the update to 1.3.5, maybe some files were corrupted when you doctored the phone, might have to do it again. Doctoring sucks but it may be what you have to do.
  4.    #4  
    yeah, i'm not even certain that the problem started AFTER 1.3.5. Might have started when I doctored it. In the process of redoctoring. Thanks for your reply, friend.
  5. #5  
    Have you installed the SMS tone per contact patch? That made my phone do the exact same things you're describing. Once i uninstalled it and reset my phone, it was all back to normal.
  6.    #6  
    and now, I can't get my phone to doctor. it's not reading as being plugged in. No matter how many times I restart everything and try numerous methods, I can't get it to work.

    quickinstall no longer works either. What a day.

    Any advice?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodgingbrom View Post
    Have you installed the SMS tone per contact patch? That made my phone do the exact same things you're describing. Once i uninstalled it and reset my phone, it was all back to normal.
    As described above, no. I did install it later to see if it would fix it, but it was no dice for me.
  8.    #8  
    in case anyone was wondering, i forgot to put it back in developer mode... i'm a tard.
  9. #9  
    webos doctor doesn't require you to be in dev mode...
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ageyoung24 View Post
    As described above, no. I did install it later to see if it would fix it, but it was no dice for me.
    You said you had installed the LED notification patch, not the sms per contact patch. If you have that installed, it could be the root of your problem. And have you ran EPR?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    webos doctor doesn't require you to be in dev mode...

    Shouldn't, no. However its what got the dr to work for me last time. I say try it and see what happens. Also try do a full reset to see if that helps.

    good luck either way.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodgingbrom View Post
    You said you had installed the LED notification patch, not the sms per contact patch. If you have that installed, it could be the root of your problem. And have you ran EPR?
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    Shouldn't, no. However its what got the dr to work for me last time. I say try it and see what happens. Also try do a full reset to see if that helps.

    good luck either way.
    To the first quote... I also stated that I ran webos doctor first, updated, and then after noticing the problem, started patching.

    To the second quote... yes, developer mode not being on was the problem.
  13. #13  
    Put the Pre in Recovery Mode...
    - With the USB cable connected, completely power off the Pre (hold down the power button until the option to power off appears)
    - Hold down the Up button on the volume rocker
    - While holding the Up button, power on the Pre
    - "Next" should now be enabled - proceed with the recovery

    Go over to webos-internals and follow the steps they have here. They will tell you what to do if anything goes wrong.
    Here...
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Here...
    I tried all that... didn't work. It's okay though, because I think I've fixed it. Gonna install the new patch right now and see if it happens again. Thanks to everyone though for your help.
  15. #15  
    i know i'm a little late, but the exact same thing happened to me yesterday, then it fixed itself today. i was eventually able to doctor, but even after i doctored I didn't here a tone nor did it vibrate. then it magically repaired itself w/o my input...
  16.    #16  
    glad to hear we're both on the repaired end... now if i could only get this update to "unpack"

Posting Permissions