1.    #1  
    My clock on my pre has been slow for a while now. Network is enabled. Currently is about 20 min's slow. How can that be????
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    try searching the forums before you post
  4.    #4  
    Just for the record, I did search the forums prior to posting. None gave me a solution or reason behind the issue. I have 4 pre's in the family and have this problem with only one.....all in the same house.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabear View Post
    Just for the record, I did search the forums prior to posting. None gave me a solution or reason behind the issue. I have 4 pre's in the family and have this problem with only one.....all in the same house.
    I am really starting to wonder if this isn't some type of hardware issue. The thread that I started that was listed above shows that mine always gains several minutes every day. I have family and friends with Pres and none of them are affected. Last week I was with a business associate who has patched his Pre up very similar to mine and in the two days that we were together (almost at all times as we were in a two day meeting) mine gained 6 minutes and his stayed right on time. To me that rules out the "signal" argument as we should have had the exact same signal strengths for those two days.

I guess going into Airplane Mode every morning for a minute is just going to have to be a ritual for me... :-(
    It's a mix of both hardware and software.

The RTC chip on the Pre is hit-or-miss. Typically this doesn't matter on cell phones because they regularly sync with the network. However, on top of this hardware problem is a software problem which causes the Pre to only sync with the network when the radio is first powered on (coming out of airplane mode or rebooting the phone).

The software problem needs to be fixed. I can't believe it's been 7 months and there is still no fix for something so basic.

The hardware problem is not going away if your Pre is affected by it. Personally my phone gains about one minute per day. I never had this problem on any of my WiMo phones, even with Network Time turned off.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
  7. RJC
    I have the same problem, except my clock speeds up. It has gone as much as 5 minutes fast. It drives me crazy. I keep resetting it and by the end of the day its fast again.
    I don't feel tardy.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre