1.    #1  
    Was using my pre without problem today... probably around 75% battery or so... I grab the phone to check my messages, and it's dead. Ended up pulling the battery and reinstalling it after 5 minutes... palm emblem showed up for about 1 hour. Pulled the battery again... phone rebooted and is working now... scary stuff.

Anyone else had a problem like this?

On a good note, the last update greatly improved my battery life.
    I had the same problem. But had to bring phone into Sprint store because the Touchstone back was "stubborn" and would not come off.

Even though store was very busy, staff greeter took it immediately to talk with a tech person. She returned with the battery having been removed and put back into my Pre. However, it was taking a long time to reboot (same as you) - just Palm logo on screen. So another staff person took the battery out again and this time it booted back up.

It is scary and I hope this is not indicative of any future problems we might have.
  3.    #3  
    Happened three more times since... I give up, going droid
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxergreg View Post
    Happened three more times since... I give up, going droid
    Did you ever get it looked at, try webOS Doctor, getting a replacement phone? Anything?
    Mine has frozen upon reboot three times since the update, but I'm not leaving. Pulling the battery has fixed the issue each time, thus far. If it becomes a more constant issue I will ask for a warranty exchange...phone has a one year warranty, for heaven's sake. At worst, I could use my phone insurance and replace the phone for $100, but that would only be necessary if I damaged it. As far as I know, booting issues caused by an OTA update can not have been caused by me. Why would you give up so easily when we are so close to an amazing update?

I am not being critical, here, I am merely curious.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  6.    #6  
    I don't see the update coming up as amazing... A video cam and improved battery life. The vid cam should have been on the phone since the beginning...

In all seriousness, my biggest reason to jump ship is my signal sucks. My wife can be on her phone lying down in the basement with a great signal, I lose a signal upstairs in my house and sometimes out in my yard. I've looked at her phone, and am impressed by the amount of apps, and like the larger keyboard for my fat fingers :-)
    Been having the same problem...took out my tether and working better
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxergreg View Post
    I don't see the update coming up as amazing... A video cam and improved battery life. The vid cam should have been on the phone since the beginning...

In all seriousness, my biggest reason to jump ship is my signal sucks. My wife can be on her phone lying down in the basement with a great signal, I lose a signal upstairs in my house and sometimes out in my yard. I've looked at her phone, and am impressed by the amount of apps, and like the larger keyboard for my fat fingers :-)
    so call Sprint, and explain your situation. They may send you an Airave which will greatly help things out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Mine has frozen upon reboot three times since the update, but I'm not leaving. Pulling the battery has fixed the issue each time, thus far. If it becomes a more constant issue I will ask for a warranty exchange...phone has a one year warranty, for heaven's sake. At worst, I could use my phone insurance and replace the phone for $100, but that would only be necessary if I damaged it. As far as I know, booting issues caused by an OTA update can not have been caused by me. Why would you give up so easily when we are so close to an amazing update?

I am not being critical, here, I am merely curious.
    If your phone keeps locking up, take it to a Sprint store. They'll give it a once over then order a refurb.
    First of all, huge thanks to everyone that post their problems and how to debug the issues. It just saved me a 60 mile round trip and having to deal with the Sprint Phone store where the kids working seem more interested in something besides me and my problem.

Same deal for me, phone shut off and would not turn on. Would not respond to SYM/RED/r to reboot. Latest update done about a week ago was 1.3.5.1. A few apps such as flashlight/milage monitor/bubbles on there, about 8 total. No homebrew or WebOS stuff done to this phone. Pulled phone off wall charger at 100%, used milage monitor about 20 minutes later and dimmed the screen (probably without closing milage monitor but not 100% sure). The next time I looked at the phone 30 minutes later it was off and not responding to anything. 4 hours went by in this state until I could get home and research solutions. Pulled the battery, let sit out for 3 minutes and re-installed. Got the Palm logo this time but nothing else was happening. Did the SYM/RED/r thing and noticed the screen blink like it was resetting. A couple minutes go by and I notice the Palm will occasionally do the "glow" thing, a minute or two more and it comes back to life....everything seems to be working fine. Battery was at 52% when it came back on...something I thought strange since the phone was off of the charger for less than an hour before it locked up/shut off with only 30 seconds of use with one app. Even if it was on the whole 4 hours, the battery would still be around 95% with no use.

I don't know if this is helpful to anyone but at least the knowledge is now in the database. It sure is frustrating leaving a job interview and finding out you have no phone and are 30 miles from the nearest Sprint facility that is something besides a sales only storefront.
    This happened to me today as well!
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    That happened to me before, the phone turned off and wouldn't turn back on for a while. I just got my phone last Friday. This battery is s#!*, I've recharged it twice today and it's gone down 80% in 5 hours and I've only been texting. I bought an extended battery hopefully that will resolve my problems.