1.    #1  
    I dropped my Pre the other day and now the screen will not power on. I am getting a replacement sent soon, but I can not see what texts I am currently receiving from people. Is there anyway that I can possibly view these through a different program?
    Braille?

google voice, if have a #.
    You might be able to get something from sprint that will forward texts to another number.

Or if you dig through everything by using SSH or just checking the usb drive you should be able to find the conversations.
  4.    #4  
    I was thinking the same about the USB and checking the messages but I was not for sure exactly, that is a good point though!

Anyone want to elaborate on this?
    you can copy over the /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 file to your PC, and use a database viewer to dig through it.

I haven't found a program that views it in a straight-forward manner, but who knows.

Your best bet is to turn the phone off, that way at least when you get the new phone, the texts will go there instead.
    no 'Thanks'
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    write an sms to voice app. i'm sure its easy
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    you can copy over the /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 file to your PC, and use a database viewer to dig through it.

I haven't found a program that views it in a straight-forward manner, but who knows.

Your best bet is to turn the phone off, that way at least when you get the new phone, the texts will go there instead.
    There is a firefox extension called SQLite manager that will read the DB pretty well. You could give that a try.