Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    I've read numerous threads on the 'easy' way to install Preware & I am still at a loss. I do not have a computer that I can use to install this & have followed links that claim you can do it without the use of a pc, yet they still have pc instructions. Is there a way I can get these homebrew apps directly on my Pre without having to hook it up to a computer? I am also getting confused between the WebOS quick install thing & the Preware. What is the difference? Is there an easy fail proof way to get homebrew apps directly on my Pre without using a pc at all? I am not computer saavy whatsoever so these directions need to be super simple! Please help, I'd appreciate it!
  2. htcman724's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #2  
    no you need to hook up to a computer to get preware.webos is how you install programs and tweeks.preware is a program that will install the programs on your phone without a computer but you need to use a comp. to install preware.
  3. #3  
    PC is required.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  4. #4  
    Mac's are compatible too I believe?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by htcman724 View Post
    no you need to hook up to a computer to get preware.webos is how you install programs and tweeks.preware is a program that will install the programs on your phone without a computer but you need to use a comp. to install preware.

    So I need to install Web OS first then preware? All I really want is a gd virtual keyboard? Why does it have to be so difficult ffs?
  6. NxTech3's Avatar
    Posts
    254 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    #6  
    lol you can get a Virtual Keyboard from the App Catalog if im not mistaken. i think its .99
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxataraxiaxxx View Post
    So I need to install Web OS first then preware? All I really want is a gd virtual keyboard? Why does it have to be so difficult ffs?
    I sense some frustration. There are posts that have very good step-by-step instructions on how to load WebOS Quick Install to get the ball rolling on this.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderfry View Post
    I sense some frustration. There are posts that have very good step-by-step instructions on how to load WebOS Quick Install to get the ball rolling on this.

    Heh, you're very observant. The problem is 1) I'm still confused by the step-by-step directions and 2) my work computer does not allow us to install anything. I haven't tried yet, but I'm sure it won't allow me to do this. I've also found some differences in the procedures I have read, so I'm concerned if I'm even following it correctly. Do I need to install Web OS quick install first, then Preware?
  9. #9  
    yes
  10. #10  
    Other than the official app catalog, all side-loading methods require the use of a computer other than the pre for the initial install.
  11. #11  
    This is your best bet for getting Preware on you Pre...

    WebOS Internals - Installing_Preware

    As of today, you'll have to use WebOS Quick Install which you'll need to setup first, since the installer isn't updated for 1.3.5 yet...here

    Simple instructions...Installing and Getting Started with WebOS Quick Install

    It doesn't have to be installed per se, but you need Java 1.6 installed to run it.

    Anyhow, the hard part of this will be getting WOSQI up in running...After that, it's simply finding the Package Manager Service and Preware in the feeds.

Posting Permissions