Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    Specifically, this is related to the drag radius, or how far a touch has to move before the OS recognizes it as a drag and not just someone rolling their finger on a tap.

This will first be used in games where dragging is always assumed (like air hockey), and may trickle down into sliders eventually. I don't see Palm or anyone else really doing this for drag-able lists, since you don't want to interpret a "messy" tap as a drag (which I know could become very infuriating for the user).
    this will make games so much better it's hard to play games like nova when it takes so much movement to ge moving right. touch screen controls are better on the iphone because of this.
    Damn I thought I was the only one who was bothered by this. But this issue has been promised to be resolved since mid December. I'm not very hopeful, but I really want to be. Hopefully this is fixed in the next release of WebOS
    This is one of the issues that bothers me most about WebOS.

Palm should adopt the Apple philosophy here. Now now, no groaning. Not THAT philosophy, but this one:

Nothing should EVER pre-empt the UI. EVER, EVER, EVER. If you touch and drag, that web page better scroll. It must never stall or delay. It should act as if your finger is on a piece of paper and you are sliding it on a smooth desk. Anything else can wait.

This is why the iPhone/iPad feel so smooth, because the UI has priority. The fact that you might be scrolling a web page in WebOS and it lags and gets chunky is unacceptable.

I hope Palm can fix this eventually. It's the last thing that keeps me from being truly happy with my Palm Pre. I will note that Android also has this problem so it's not just Palm. Sounds like it's a difficult problem to tackle.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    This is one of the issues that bothers me most about WebOS.

Palm should adopt the Apple philosophy here. Now now, no groaning. Not THAT philosophy, but this one:

Nothing should EVER pre-empt the UI. EVER, EVER, EVER. If you touch and drag, that web page better scroll. It must never stall or delay. It should act as if your finger is on a piece of paper and you are sliding it on a smooth desk. Anything else can wait.

This is why the iPhone/iPad feel so smooth, because the UI has priority. The fact that you might be scrolling a web page in WebOS and it lags and gets chunky is unacceptable.

I hope Palm can fix this eventually. It's the last thing that keeps me from being truly happy with my Palm Pre. I will note that Android also has this problem so it's not just Palm. Sounds like it's a difficult problem to tackle.

Zorinlynx have you tried "10px Luna Touch Radius" in Preware? It seems to help with the things you are referring to.
    More than likely they will implement this kind of enhancement whenever the GPU powers the UI (luna). Since they already have to restructure Luna, then I'm suspected that they are waiting to implement improvements in this area whenever they get around to it to be efficient on their resources.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    Zorinlynx have you tried "10px Luna Touch Radius" in Preware? It seems to help with the things you are referring to.
    I use the 8px one and I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Wow, just tried out the 10px patch and dragging is so much less annoying. It seems like every other month the community comes out with another fix for a glaring weakness in the phone. Google Maps works like a dream!
    While I love the 10px patch, it doesn't solve the problem zorinlynx brought up. Perhaps the biggest problem with webOS is that you can be scrolling a web page, for example, and suddenly the email app starts loading new messages and everything freezes for a minute until the emails load. I find this extremely annoying.
    Much better with the 8px, thanks! I am quite content with my Pixi now.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123