Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Hi there,

Could you let me know what was your base version and what steps did you follow? Did you replace the webos.tar?

Thanks
    Vas
    I started with O2 UK WebOS 1.3.1 and Sprint US WebOS 1.3.5
    I then overwrote O2 UK's webos.tar file using the Sprint webos.tar file
    Then I ran the modified UK version

It really was as simple as that
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    I started with O2 UK WebOS 1.3.1 and Sprint US WebOS 1.3.5
    I then overwrote O2 UK's webos.tar file using the Sprint webos.tar file
    Then I ran the modified UK version

It really was as simple as that
    Where did you download them from, if I might ask?
    I downloaded mine from the webos-internals place, but I keep getting a 'corrupt or invalid .jar file' when I try to launch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preene View Post
    Where did you download them from, if I might ask?
    I downloaded mine from the webos-internals place, but I keep getting a 'corrupt or invalid .jar file' when I try to launch it.
    Hmm I got mine from http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Webos_Doctor_Versions which I assume is the same as you.

If you're getting an invalid java file error you should double check that you have the most recent version of java.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris10an View Post
    I did this, worked great, but now Im stuck with all the Sprint apps..
    Any way of getting around this?

I just got my Pre today, so I'm a little fresh..
    what do you mean? you wanna delete them ?

then follow steps here: Patch Launcher Hide-Delete The NASCAR App - WebOS Internals

and use
    Code:
    ipkg remove amazonservice
    ipkg remove com.handson.app.nascar
    ipkg remove com.handson.app.nfl
    ipkg remove com.mobitv.app.sprinttv
    ipkg remove com.palm.app.amazonstore
    ipkg remove com.palm.app.sprintportal
    ipkg remove com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation
    ipkg remove com.telenav.sprintnavigation
    ipkg remove mobitv-sprint-rtspsrc
    btw I haven't done this... just waiting for european 1.3.5(.1) or 1.4 doctor :-D

alternatively you can just flash your pre with bell's firmware... there is no sprint crap
    Hmm I got mine from Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals which I assume is the same as you.

If you're getting an invalid java file error you should double check that you have the most recent version of java.
    Yep, that's where I got them from, too.
    Java is up to date, but still can't get this to work.

EDIT: Oh, christ! I'm such an *****! I was zipping up the root folder instead of the folders inside.
    Durrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by _artem_ View Post
    what do you mean? you wanna delete them ?

then follow steps here: Patch Launcher Hide-Delete The NASCAR App - WebOS Internals

and use
    Code:
    ipkg remove amazonservice
    ipkg remove com.handson.app.nascar
    ipkg remove com.handson.app.nfl
    ipkg remove com.mobitv.app.sprinttv
    ipkg remove com.palm.app.amazonstore
    ipkg remove com.palm.app.sprintportal
    ipkg remove com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation
    ipkg remove com.telenav.sprintnavigation
    ipkg remove mobitv-sprint-rtspsrc
    btw I haven't done this... just waiting for european 1.3.5(.1) or 1.4 doctor :-D

alternatively you can just flash your pre with bell's firmware... there is no sprint crap
    Are there any other major differences between the Sprint and Bell releases?
    ie number of apps available in the app store etc..
    I'm starting to get really impatient with the O2 releases !!!!
    Thanks
    Vas
    I went ahead with the firmware instal a week or so ago - have encountered no problems with google contacts/calendar sync at all. Everything seems to work as expected.
    I had problems... From 374 contacts it synced only 34. This error is being reported from many users (including US sprint users) in other threads.
    Hello I'm trying to install the 1.3.5.1 onto my German O2 pre and its stuck at 3% for like half an hour now. My phone is fully charged. What gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitballoon21 View Post
    Hello I'm trying to install the 1.3.5.1 onto my German O2 pre and its stuck at 3% for like half an hour now. My phone is fully charged. What gives?
    I think the usual advice is reboot the computer, reboot the phone and try again.
    I'd recommend for a foolproof install: shut down the Pre fully. Then turn it back on and immediately hold the volume UP key until the USB logo shows in bright white - this puts the phone into USB mode and seems to work more reliably.

Hope this helps
    Same here with UK O2 Pre and WebOS.tar from 1.3.5.1.
    I'm going to try again now with SqyArc suggestion.
    I tried but now my phone doesn't even recognize that it connected to the USB and it says that my phone is offline, not seeing that it is connected to AT&T.
    Have you been able to install with webos.tar form 1.3.5.1? Or you used 1.3.5?
    I placed the 1.3.5.1 webos.tar file into the webosdoctor jar file on my computer. I wasn't able to get to pass 3%. So then restarted my computer and shutdown the pre. I held down the volume up button and the white USB screen never appeared. Now I'm at the present dilemma. Its weird because when I hook up the USB cable it shows that is charging but never gives the option of Media Sync, USB Drive, or Just charge.
    I had that problem too.
    I had to restart windows and it got detected and the Media Sync, USB Drive, or Just charge dialog appeared on the phone.

No clue on the at&t connection problem.

Btw I'm now going to try with 1.3.5 (i'm not using Exchange anyhow).

EDIT: Installation is now proceeding fine with 1.3.5
    Last edited by Frankk; 01/10/2010 at 06:05 PM.
    Ok. I restarted my computer, and now it sees the pre. I started the webosdoctor and it reads it too, but yet again it is stuck at 3%. Any ideas?
    As suggested above try with webos 1.3.5 instead of 1.3.5.1.
    This is working for me
    How should I cancel my currect webosdoctor process?
    I just pushed the power button on my Pre.
    The installation process had not yet started and it rebooted fine.
    I did what you said about installing webos 1.3.5 and it work. Now it's detect at&t and I'm updated. Thank you for all your help.
    I've been reading through this thread and have basically the opposite question. I want to enable additional languages (German, primarily) on an EVDO Sprint Pre. Can this be done using the same method with the WebDoctor and a substitute rom file, and if so, which doctor and rom would you suggest?

I had been doing this manually by essentially removing the files that force the "Sprint Customization" and copying over the additional language resource files from the developer image, but that is far too time consuming and gets completely reversed after every update. It also causes lots of random problems (my camera doesn't work, for example).

Any help would be great!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast