Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Could someone give me a run down of the negative points to putting the Sprint 1.3.5 on a UK GSM?

These are the ones that I know of:

- Sprint service icons that don't do anything (Sprint TV etc)
    - Problems with the official App Catalog

Are these the only two downsides to flashing my Pre with a foreign firmware?
    Sprint icons can be removed.
    Official App Catalog works perfect for me without patches, but it is limited and no paid apps yet.

Another 'downside' is you can only use English or Spanish as a language, but I like mine English so that's not a problem for me. I think that's about it?
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xioq View Post
    Another 'downside' is you can only use English or Spanish as a language, but I like mine English so that's not a problem for me. I think that's about it?

if you use the 1.3.1 eu rom you get all the languages available.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hi SqyArc,

After the upgrade did you have any problems with Telcel's configuration? (Internet Access, MMS Messages, phone usage)

Thanx!
    OsoLopez
  4.    #24  
    At least I didn't have any problems with Telcel after the upgrade, as a matter of fact, I was able to install the 1.3.5.1 update with no problems!

Went to updates, checked, and there ir was
    For anyone wondering, I did the wipe and installed 1.3.5 on a UK GSM. I encountered precisely *none* of my expected problems - no Sprint icons, no language restrictions, no app catalogue problems - in fact the phone behaves exactly as if I had upgraded directly from the UK 1.3.1. The phone, data and MMS all work as expected with no configuration or tweaking from me.

Hope this answers your question osolopez.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    you can just flash your gsm pre with sprint's doctor (1.2.1 cuz there is no check for device) then update the OS using Update-app to 1.3.5.1
    3G and all the other things work without any problems in germany with sprint 2.2 (webOS 1.3.5.1) config.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by _artem_ View Post
    you can just flash your gsm pre with sprint's doctor (1.2.1 cuz there is no check for device) then update the OS using Update-app to 1.3.5.1
    3G and all the other things work without any problems in germany with sprint 2.2 (webOS 1.3.5.1) config.
    If you do this, do you get paid apps on your app catalog? Just wonderibg
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    nope.. only 139 apps (
    i did the same but when i click the jar file its appear a message that say that the file is corrupt or invalid. help me ( i have a telcel phone too).
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelon8 View Post
    i did the same but when i click the jar file its appear a message that say that the file is corrupt or invalid. help me ( i have a telcel phone too).
    Have you tried downloading the files again? Mandame un PM si quieres (PM me if you like)... Because it really works!
    nope.. only 139 apps (
    oniy 139 is that due to using 1.35 cos my O2 gsm on 1.31 is showing 224 &
    want to update to 1.351 but dont want the loss of apps just in case i want to use them
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    in germany on o2's 1.3.1 I had ~108 apps.. after a week on 1.3.5(.1) app catalog got 139 apps.. I guess in germany you get only 139 apps now...
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Is there anyway to get the US catalogue on the GSM Pre?? A hack or patch to make Palms servers think we are using a US phone.
    I did this, worked great, but now Im stuck with all the Sprint apps..
    Any way of getting around this?

I just got my Pre today, so I'm a little fresh..
  15.    #35  
    As many others would say: "there's a patch for that"

Install Preware, and search for the patches within.

Good luck!
    Could someone give me a run down of the negative points to putting the Sprint 1.3.5 on a UK GSM?

These are the ones that I know of:

- Sprint service icons that don't do anything (Sprint TV etc)
    - Problems with the official App Catalog

Are these the only two downsides to flashing my Pre with a foreign firmware?
    Say goodbye to google contacts sync...
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    Say goodbye to google contacts sync...
    I went ahead with the firmware instal a week or so ago - have encountered no problems with google contacts/calendar sync at all. Everything seems to work as expected.
    What I find a little strange:

The current sprint or bell 1.3.5.1 doctor images both have webos.tar files that DON'T include an umts firmware. the firmware file for umts is there (castleumtsfw.tar), but the size of it is 0 kb. The CDMA file (castlecdma_evt1_fw.tar) is there and has 7.5 MB

The German o2 image actually has both, the CDMA (7.5 MB) and the UMTS (17.7 MB) firmware files inside the webos.tar

So I'm wondering: wouldn't it be better to actually insert the umts firmware from the o2 image into the webos.tar of a sprint release before flashing it?
    Hmm, I wonder if this will fix my youtube issues?
    For anyone wondering, I did the wipe and installed 1.3.5 on a UK GSM. I encountered precisely *none* of my expected problems - no Sprint icons, no language restrictions, no app catalogue problems - in fact the phone behaves exactly as if I had upgraded directly from the UK 1.3.1. The phone, data and MMS all work as expected with no configuration or tweaking from me.

Hope this answers your question osolopez.
    Hi there,

Could you let me know what was your base version and what steps did you follow? Did you replace the webos.tar?

Thanks
    Vas
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast