Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    me to. first pre.. runs like a top.. couldnt be happier
    3 June pres, no cracked screens, no oreo effects, no dead pixels, solid platform, really happy with them!
    i'm still on my launch day Pre as well. It has taken 2 very deadly falls but the Pre just gets back up, shurgs it off and continues to work like a champ. The usb door has fallen off but that doesn't matter to me since i use the touchstone almost all of the time. A slight oreo effect after both major falls but nothing a little reading up on the forums can't fix. It has also fallen several other times just 2 of them were painful where my heart stopped for that split second. The only other issue i ever had with my Pre was 1.3.1. During that time I might have thrown my Pre too. Oops. My wife has even gotten a hold of my Pre and it has survived her wrath so I think it is definately one tough little pebble. Sure it feels "plasticky" but it can handle it's own.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Still on my first Pre that I picked up in July. The only problem I have is one pixel stuck on red.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I'm still on my first Pre, which I got in June. The only physical probs I have with it are the oreo, and my usb port cover fell off into my hand two days ago, when I was gonna charge it.
    It really should not be an amazing feat for a phone to last six months, yet ppl are already on their 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th Pres.
    I doubt that ppl have had to replace other phones as often as this one.
    Hopefully the next phone from Palm will be built better.
    I seem to recall someone posting a press release or news article where Sprint said that the return rate for the Pre wasn't much different that the other smartphones that they sell. This was in response to many tech sites running stories using the PreCentral forum as evidence that most Pre's were being returned.

IMHO, this forum seems to have a lot of people with OCPD.
    I am still on my first one. Even tho I dropped it and put a good chip on one side. Nothing that the case dont cover up. And since then I have the oreo affect. But it dont bother me. Now I bought my girlfriend a 2 week old pre and a week later the power button stopped working. I am fighting sprint to get it replaced. It has insurance on it and when it was activated they told me it would be fully covered. But have yet lived up to thier word. But the phone works fine so oh well.
    If you go in other phone forums, you get the same story, on my 8th phone, piece of c##p, blah, blah,blah. I think people just have grudges against either the carrier or the phone manufacturer or both. When they do polls such as this one:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-palm-pre.html

it's always the same, over 90% of the people are happy with their pre's.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    If you go in other phone forums, you get the same story, on my 8th phone, piece of c##p, blah, blah,blah. I think people just have grudges against either the carrier or the phone manufacturer or both. When they do polls such as this one:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-palm-pre.html

it's always the same, over 90% of the people are happy with their pre's.
    I guess I am in the 90% of the happy people but am on my 3rd pre. First one the power button stuck & the 2nd had the USB crack that migrated up to & across the screen... I am not that guy that complains of 1 dead pixel & demands a new phone either. I think this phone has had hardware problems but I love the webos sooo much that I would not leave for the hardware mistakes. On the other hand I believe that many people are still on there first pre. Just think that is is misunderstood that if you are on the 2nd or 3rd pre that it is your fault and you hate the pre... 3rd pre & here is to hoping my last for a few months. If not I will go for the 4th and a 5th and so on...
    Just think that is is misunderstood that if you are on the 2nd or 3rd pre that it is your fault and you hate the pre... 3rd pre & here is to hoping my last for a few months. If not I will go for the 4th and a 5th and so on...
    I agree. I dont think most people realize what they are throwing on thier desks or dropping. I'm no computer wiz or anything and try to keep things simple. But my pre will do dang near everything i do on my computer.

Still trying to figure out where to plug in my printer on the pre tho. lol
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123