Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    still on my launch day pre as well.. i'm actually hoping mine somehow becomes defective so i can get a shiney new one!
    You wont get a new one.

Still on launch day pre. Patched and works great for now.
    Still on my first. Got it launch day in June. I've dropped it a few times. No damage. No physical problems or oreo effect.
    One user's experience:

I'm still using my June USA launch day Pre. I have dropped it more than once on hardwood floors, concrete and asphalt and no decipherable oreo or other hardware issues. Does the Pre feel 'plasticy?' Yes. Has it proven to me to be durable? Absolutely, more than I deserve, given the drops. Anyone care to guess how many I would have gone through if the Pre had a glass screen?
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by eekinsman View Post
    One user's experience:

I'm still using my June USA launch day Pre. I have dropped it more than once on hardwood floors, concrete and asphalt and no decipherable oreo or other hardware issues. Does the Pre feel 'plasticy?' Yes. Has it proven to me to be durable? Absolutely, more than I deserve, given the drops. Anyone care to guess how many I would have gone through if the Pre had a glass screen?
    Excellent point concerning the glass screen. A lot of people complained in the first days about the lack of a glass screen like the iPhone's, but to be completely honest, I haven't missed it.
    Still on my US Launch Day Pre. I've never had an issue with the hardware or WebOS. This is an amazing phone.
    Me to! My battery door fell off..when the screen gets hot it show a yellow bloch .don't really bother me.. My E and S key gloss is chipping off at the egde. I droped my phone alot of times and it still going strong. I do need to add a new screen protector because I been having orange peel since August.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    right there with you, my friends.
    Had mine since June... everything is a-ok. I had an issue where my keyboard started raising up a bit in one corner, but I was able to fix that with a butter knife. I've dropped it on its screen on rocks, asphalt, concrete, and tile floor and am amazed that I haven't broken it yet. Every time I drop it, I say, "I broke it this time for sure!" But no, aside from a few scrapes, my Pre is still in great condition.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    We bought 3 Pre's in June, and all are still working well. Two of the phones have a crack in the plastic screen propagating from the usb port. The touch interface is still working fine on those phones. We all are satisfied with the phone and service, with the exception of the screen crack, and itls classification as cosmetic. It is obviously a stress crack due to improper material properties, or unaccounted loads and stress concentration.
    Yep,. Number ONE for me too!

Had it since mid July, have had NO hardware problems at all, no Oreo, no issues at all other than the battery that had to be replaced for the one that fits better so, the slider doesnt shut down the phone.

Other than a few update issues, that are relatively easily solved from reading this forum, I have been extremely delighted with my Pre. I LOVE the feel of it, the size, the quality, the WebOs, LOVE IT ALL

Sorry if Im against the tide of the complainers

Pre for ME,
    Launch day Pre FTW..

sure the keyboard stops working everynow and then and needs a restart
    and yes i have a bubble in the far upper left corner
    and yes 1.3.1 almost made me destroy/exchange/trade/sell my phone

But 1.3.5 seems to have cured my biggest gripe to an extent (touch sensitivity/speed)

It still lags behind Android/Iphone but it's a lot better
    still on 1st pre since oct.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Launch day Pre FTW..

sure the keyboard stops working everynow and then and needs a restart
    and yes i have a bubble in the far upper left corner
    and yes 1.3.1 almost made me destroy/exchange/trade/sell my phone

But 1.3.5 seems to have cured my biggest gripe to an extent (touch sensitivity/speed)

It still lags behind Android/Iphone but it's a lot better
    I am curious about this bubble people mention, is it something you can take a pic of?

I ask because I searched and not seeing a pic of exactly what is happening, found a lot of cracks from drops and the like but not this 'bubble'
    Still on my 1st Pre, no issues so far. Very happy with it. Got it on launch day for Bell in Canada.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Same Pre as launch; Lucky I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    I am curious about this bubble people mention, is it something you can take a pic of?

I ask because I searched and not seeing a pic of exactly what is happening, found a lot of cracks from drops and the like but not this 'bubble'
    I'll see if i can get a pic up
    I'm still on my 1st pre, got it end of Jully. Never had any problems, the only issue is wifi does not turn off by it self. I even dropped my pre 2 times on the pavement.
    first pre still, other then having to web doc it, been fine, well as much as can be expected...... lol
    Still on first Pre since launch day. Its kickin like I just bought it yesterday.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I'm on my 1st one too, 2nd in line that great morning. Dropped several time, a couple of nicks but still works and looks great. Just got the touchstone, and lovin it!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast