Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have installed both Quake AND Doom via preware... and restarted a buncha times..

NEITHER WORK. I go to run it and nothing happens.

Can anyone please tell me what im doing wrong ?
    Do you have MyTether installed? The WiFi Patch is incompatible with both Doom and Quake.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    I have installed both Quake AND Doom via preware... and restarted a buncha times..

there are two possibilities.

1) you have a patch which interferes with SDL apps, We know that mytether does, there are suspicions about other services.

2) You are running on a pixi. Pixi not supported yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post

While checking out your other posts to see whether you had a Pre of Pixi, I found out that you don't have WebOS 1.3.5? If not, then you cannot yet play the new SDL games...
    I'm not getting either to work either even though I removed the my tether patch and removed my tether itself. Is there something else to check? The camera and youtube work, so the tether patch is apparently removed.
    I'm in the same boat.. Doom or Quake wont launch and I've never used/installed MyTether.

None of my patches seem like they could cause this as they are just graphical patches and the LED patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamminwithyou View Post
    I'm in the same boat.. Doom or Quake wont launch and I've never used/installed MyTether.

None of my patches seem like they could cause this as they are just graphical patches and the LED patch.
    Do you have a Pre or Pixi? Do you have WebOS 1.3.5? Service provider?
    Load Preware, go to manage feeds and look under WebOS Internals. If there is only one address under there, you need to uninstall and then re install both Preware and Package Manager Service.
    Sprint Pre, 1.3.5, no my tether installed, still can't run either.
    Pre 1.3.5 here, no tether, Doom runs but Quake does not...
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    I'm not getting either to work either even though I removed the my tether patch and removed my tether itself. Is there something else to check? The camera and youtube work, so the tether patch is apparently removed.
    Newer versions of mytether may have fixed some things, but when I tried mytether a couple months back, it had some services running that stayed behind even after I uninstalled it. Those would not remove. I ended up having to doctor the phone. I hope you won't have to resort to that.
    Tried with and without the lastest My Tether. Camera and Youtube worked fine, so unpatching MyTether must have worked. Even though removing mytether, still no quake or doom.
    Would like to see the webosinternals guys come up with a wifi tethering replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillhouse View Post
    Interesting... Do you have the newest version of Quake? I think it's 1.0.11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Interesting... Do you have the newest version of Quake? I think it's 1.0.11.
    Yup - even deleted and re downloaded... It says starting quake but then does nothing. I've also tried rebooting. Very strange
    I have the exact same problem, I made sure package manager was updated and everything but Quake still will not run. Doom runs perfect though..... I'm lost
    Yup - even deleted and re downloaded... It says starting quake but then does nothing. I've also tried rebooting. Very strange
    When you installed Quake from Preware, did a prompt come up asking you to run a script? I know that sometimes the prompt doesn't come up for some reason... I'm starting to run out of ideas
  18. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Would like to see the webosinternals guys come up with a wifi tethering replacement.
    Not going to happen. Not now anyway. Eventually I'd love to see it though...

Tethering - WebOS Internals
    As stated above update your Package Manager Service also run (EMH) Emergency Migration Helper. If you don't have it Luna Manager is also good to have. When you open Quake it still starts in the demo mode, just hit the return/enter key and then you'll be given the options to play the game.
    ^Check and check, still no go.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast