1.    #1  
    1) When turning on the camera, I find the presence of the picture at the bottom left of the screen a bit pointless (and sometimes depending on the picture I took a bit inconvenient as well...), can I make it disappear?

2) Is the patch that should silence the shutter working to you all?

3) I can't update the improved file format patch because it won't let me remove the old version, anyone in the same boat?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    The picture at the bottom left is there for you to tap, which will then open the picture in the viewer.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    The picture at the bottom left is there for you to tap, which will then open the picture in the viewer.
    I CERTAINLY gathered that! It just seems pointless and even "dangerous" to me in some cases...

Suppose my last shot was a naked woman, I forget that shot and I give my phone to another person to make a shot of me and my girlfriend together... get my drift?
    The example is a bit extreme but thousands could apply...
    shoot an extra shot at the ground next time, certainly fires off shots fast enough.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    shoot an extra shot at the ground next time, certainly fires off shots fast enough.
    I expected a better solution than that, privacy has gone F with this phone (amongst other things: bluetooth, video recording, navigation system, etc etc etc etc etc...)
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post

Suppose my last shot was a naked woman

it would be cool tho if you could set password to the photos folder. I remember i had an old phone i used to be able to set passwords. if i didn't want anyone seeing my phone i could set passwords to lock different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    ... Suppose my last shot was a naked woman, I forget that shot and I give my phone to another person to make a shot of me and my girlfriend together... get my drift? ...
    Or... Just don't shoot naked pictures of your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, kids, dog, aardvark, etc. with your phone.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Or... Just don't shoot naked pictures of your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, kids, dog, aardvark, etc. with your phone.
    How could even suggest someone use a modicum of modesty and self control.

The bigger issue here is that this is the function of the camera, get used to it.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    How could even suggest someone use a modicum of modesty and self control.

The bigger issue here is that this is the function of the camera, get used to it.
    Well djmcgee, I like blunt, and I will get used to it but definitely not happy about it, I just can't see the use for having the tiny picture there in the 1st place (well, I see the point but is counterbalanced by the cons in my opinion, maybe if there was an option to have it or not would make everyone happy).

ps. for the records the last OS update fixed my sound shutter and format file
    Look, if you insist on using your phone to shoot pr0n [sic], then just don't loan it out. Otherwise use a real camera (and don't loan that out either).
    Listen, if you have pics of your gf that are not safe for others to see....remove them after you take them.

Simple as that. None of my other smart phones i have owned (Treo 755p, Blackberry Curve, HTC 6600) have had a password protect picture option that i ever came across.
    Yes, TC, all your problems lie within yourself and the way you live your life. I don't know what you were thinking trying to use your phone in such a way that you would please to. The problem isn't with the hardware/software, it's with the way you're going about the situation. Just adhere to these new suggestions, as posted above, and all will be right in the world.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Look, if you insist on using your phone to shoot pr0n [sic], then just don't loan it out.
    ahaha, I wish! the p0rn example was just that, an example, it could be just about anything, can't see why I'd want my last picture taken visible to anyone, I'm sure the issue will have come in one way or another to many of you, but you'll make do as I will.
    I'm with the just don't loan it out crew. Not to mention what does it matter if you hand the phone to a complete stranger, just make sure you hand it to someone you think wouldn't mind, but it's not like their going to do anything about it either way.