Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    Hehe I have monkey island 3 game files along with some others, and I cant wait to see if they'll work with on the pre with this!

-Toaster
    By "game files" do you mean the data files, or old saved games? According to the ScummVM FAQ, the former should work, but saved games won't. And there's no need to wait. Just download ScummVM for your current platform and take your data files for a test drive before it officially hits the Pre!

It's kind of silly how stoked I am about this. I could have been playing Sam & Max and Full Throttle ad nauseum on, say, a computer, but for some reason the thought of having them on my phone has me as giddy as a kid at Christmas.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Beats running on Classic!

I can't wait, I have all of MI (haven't played the newest 5 from Steam yet), The Dig, Loom, Dott, BaSS, and the Kyrandia games as well. Point and click here I come!
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    ScummVM :: Compatibility - SVN

yeah grim doesnt work. I have the mac version of full throttle so when the proper version is released in preware i will definatly give it a go
    There's a related project called Residual which is working on an open-source engine to run Grim Fandango.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spdqbr View Post
    Beats running on Classic!

I can't wait, I have all of MI (haven't played the newest 5 from Steam yet), The Dig, Loom, Dott, BaSS, and the Kyrandia games as well. Point and click here I come!
    Any chance I can get the secret of monkey island files from you. I loves the first and second but have no clue where the cd's are.. Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    By "game files" do you mean the data files, or old saved games? According to the ScummVM FAQ, the former should work, but saved games won't. And there's no need to wait. Just download ScummVM for your current platform and take your data files for a test drive before it officially hits the Pre!
    I have the actual data files I already knew about scummVM and I play on my desktop a lot of the time. I have a lot of the free games as well as sam & max and Monkey Island 3. I know they work on my PC in scummVM, however on the pre there is no guarantee that every game will work. Even with that said I'm pretty sure they'll all work, as I have faith in the dev's working on it.

-Toaster
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    I have the actual data files I already knew about scummVM and I play on my desktop a lot of the time. I have a lot of the free games as well as sam & max and Monkey Island 3. I know they work on my PC in scummVM, however on the pre there is no guarantee that every game will work. Even with that said I'm pretty sure they'll all work, as I have faith in the dev's working on it.

-Toaster
    Any chance I can get my hands on the monkey island game? Greatly appreciated...
    Quote Originally Posted by lasercomp View Post
    Any chance I can get my hands on the monkey island game? Greatly appreciated...
    Sharing these files are not legal. If you have the cd's technically you have a license, but there are other mediums outside this forum for obtaining these files without encouraging a fellow forum member in illegally sharing game files. Ever hear don't copy that floppy?
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Sharing these files are not legal. If you have the cd's technically you have a license, but there are other mediums outside this forum for obtaining these files without encouraging a fellow forum member in illegally sharing game files. Ever hear don't copy that floppy?
    Thanks for the words of wisdom. I am not familiar with other methods of getting these files. If there was a place I can buy these old vintage games I would.. Can you tell me the alternate methods of obtaining these files? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lasercomp View Post
    Thanks for the words of wisdom. I am not familiar with other methods of getting these files. If there was a place I can buy these old vintage games I would.. Can you tell me the alternate methods of obtaining these files? Thanks
    I believe steam sells them atleast they have alot of older scummVM games listed. HOWEVER I'm not sure they'll work with ScummVM. Do some google searches first to check things out before you go buying.

-Toaster
    Any ETA on preware release?
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly_addams View Post
    Any ETA on preware release?
    webOS Internals Tweeted this morning that they are:
    Looking for an open source developer interested in doing the key mapping work for ScummVM on the Pre … can't package it until this is done.
    So no, there's no ETA yet. :-( I wish I was a better coder. I'd love to step up and help with this, but fear it is beyond my piddling abilities. :-P
    oh ... my ... god.... *head esplodes*
    sw33t

full throttle, monkey island, maniac mansion, dig, and sam and max are all going on my pre asap
    The 7th Guest would be nice.. good game
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12