1.    #1  
    I have a Palm Pre which constantly shuts off. I tried putting cardboard between the battery and the faceplate, but it doesn't help. It is increasingly annoying when I pull my phone out of my pocket only to see it off.

Now, I don't have a protection plan from sprint. Is there any way I can get this thing replaced for cheap / free? Should I be speaking with Sprint or calling Palm directly?

I figured some of you have already gone through this process in the past.

Worst case scenario, I will ebay this phone and go back to how I used to do things.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Call PALM or chat with them on the support site, they are pretty good.
    <...> but all Sprint phones are warrantied against manufacturing defect for one year from date of first activation. Take it to Sprint - they'll replace it for free.

Damage caused by drops or water and any device defects after the first year are covered by TEP (total equipment protection).
    Last edited by pogeypre; 01/04/2010 at 11:23 AM.
    Jeez Ruhi, what's your problem?

Mehdi, I have yet to try this but maybe Sprint can honor it anyway:

Quote Originally Posted by Levi4u
    As of April 12th 2009, you can now walk into any Sprint store and if your device is within the 1-year manufacture warranty, you can have it serviced/replaced for free.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Support - Article

If the device is covered by Total Equipment Protection (TEP) or the Equipment Service & Repair Program (ESRP), there is no charge for repairs caused by normal wear and tear or mechanical/electrical failure.

If the device is covered by TEP or the Equipment Replacement Program (ERP) and it has physical or liquid damage or is damaged beyond repair, you'll need to file a claim and pay a non-refundable deductible for each approved claim, determined by the model of your device.

If the issue is covered by the manufacturer's warranty, you won't be charged for repair or replacement at a retail location.

If the device is not covered by the manufacturer's warranty, TEP, ERP or ESRP, you may have to pay fees per-incident, determined by the type of device.
    Quote taken from:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2115727-post18.html
    Follow Me On

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    I hate to break up this immature ****ing match but all Sprint phones are warrantied against manufacturing defect for one year from date of first activation. Take it to Sprint - they'll replace it for free.

Damage caused by drops or water and any device defects after the first year are covered by TEP (total equipment protection).
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Jeez Ruhi, what's your problem?

Mehdi, I have yet to try this but maybe Sprint can honor it anyway:
    Thanks guys!

I figured either Sprint or Palm would cover it for at least a year for something like this
    <<closed>>

Please learn how to express yourselves within the bounds of Forum Guidelines.
    Just call me Berd.