1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I'm currently home in Greece and I'm using my O2 sim. My Pre connects to Cosmote which is the equivalent O2 of Greece. I want to roam on Vodafone for example. I want to test reception and 3G connectivity etc. However I cannot find how to do that. Is it possible with the Pre and how? All previous phones I had used to support that feature.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
    Many thanks
    Vas
  2.    #2  
    looks like there is no way?
    I'll contact Palm once I get back to the uk. However if this feature doesn't exist, it sucks big time :-(
    In the phone app go into preferences and change the network from auto to manual.
    You can't.

O2 has a contract with the partner network to give you coverage when you are not in O2's coverage. So here, O2 has a agreement with Cosmote to give you coverage abroad, no way about it =P.

Try manual searching and see if you can connect to vodafone that way though.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    In the phone app go into preferences and change the network from auto to manual.
    That worked. I didn't think to look in the dialler app menu.
    Thanks a lot :-)
    Vas
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    You can't.

O2 has a contract with the partner network to give you coverage when you are not in O2's coverage. So here, O2 has a agreement with Cosmote to give you coverage abroad, no way about it =P.

Try manual searching and see if you can connect to vodafone that way though.
    O2 has all 3 Greek networks as partners. The problem was that I didn't know how to search manually. I have hoped between 2 of them so far on auto but I wanted to control manually who to use depending on the area I am.

All sorted now :-)
    Vas