Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1.    #1  
    Hey I bought my first palm pre back in august. just today I am performing my second exchange.

    The first time the phone simply stopped charging. they sent me a new bttery, charger, and phone.

    the second time after about a week the replacement charger stopped doing anything but keeping the phone at the same charge it was at before. My car charger worked fine, so did plugging it into my computer, so I brushed it off until on new years day, my touch screen decided not to work.

    so tell me, is any one else having this many problems with their pre?2 exchanges in 5 months is not good.
  2. #2  
    um im on pre #4 and there are some people all the way into the double digits
  3. #3  
    Sounds like you need to check the voltage at your electrical outlets.
  4. cjay4046's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #4  
    We have 2 pres and we are still on our 1st. I guess its luck of the draw
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    Sounds like you need to check the voltage at your electrical outlets.
    ^^^ What he said
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthewmagic View Post
    Hey I bought my first palm pre back in august. just today I am performing my second exchange.

    The first time the phone simply stopped charging. they sent me a new bttery, charger, and phone.

    the second time after about a week the replacement charger stopped doing anything but keeping the phone at the same charge it was at before. My car charger worked fine, so did plugging it into my computer, so I brushed it off until on new years day, my touch screen decided not to work.

    so tell me, is any one else having this many problems with their pre?2 exchanges in 5 months is not good.
    This is pretty typical failure rate for the Pre, although I would question your electrical as a point-of-failure too.

    My only other comment is that if your not the type to work through some of these issues with a bleeding-edge device from a small-time company like Palm, then maybe the Pre is not the right phone for you. This is one of the most advanced OS and internal-hardware smartphone devices currently available; there will be issues.
  7. #7  
    Still on 1st Pre, 3 months old.
  8. #8  
    First and only launch-day Pre. No problems -- charges fine on touchstone and with microUSB.
  9. #9  
    on my 3rd but charging is fine with all three, I would agree might be outlets in home or if you used a non palm car charger maybe that messed things up voltage wise ... Could also just be bad luck, than again I've never used touchstone find it unnecessary ...
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthewmagic View Post
    Hey I bought my first palm pre back in august. just today I am performing my second exchange.

    The first time the phone simply stopped charging. they sent me a new bttery, charger, and phone.

    the second time after about a week the replacement charger stopped doing anything but keeping the phone at the same charge it was at before. My car charger worked fine, so did plugging it into my computer, so I brushed it off until on new years day, my touch screen decided not to work.

    so tell me, is any one else having this many problems with their pre?2 exchanges in 5 months is not good.
    In short, yes. I have had this many problems with my pre. Got mine on launch day and now I am on my 9th phone. It has 5 dead pixels and counting so at some point I am sure I will get my 10th.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    In short, yes. I have had this many problems with my pre. Got mine on launch day and now I am on my 9th phone. It has 5 dead pixels and counting so at some point I am sure I will get my 10th.
    Really? A bit scary. I keep my fingers crossed.
  12. Kujila's Avatar
    Posts
    400 Posts
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    #12  
    I'm on my first, but I work with a corporation that uses Palm Pre's as an optional corporate mobile phone and they said that their failure rate on the Pre is very high. I think the number they said was 20% of their original shipment of a thousand or so failed within six months

    Moral of the story, pay for the insurance/protection plan/warranty from your provider
    Last edited by Kujila; 01/08/2010 at 09:29 PM.
  13. #13  
    Had to return my first Pre due to headset jack issues. My second one has been great. No issues other than a very slight oreo (that started occurring after my wife dropped it).
  14. #14  
    1 pre, no problems...
  15. #15  
    2nd Pre here and my first Pre broke because I dropped it like a tool. Thank goodness for insurance and my second Pre was a brand new and works just as well!
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
  16. #16  
    I'm on number 4. For weird stuff like the touch screen just stopped working then the ear piece, next it was the external speaker, then oreo.

    I have to hand it to Sprint, they have been really good about replacing the phone, obviously none of my phones had any external damage or water damage so they didn't hassel me.

    As far as usability the dang phone is slick. I really like WebOS and how my contacts and multiple calendards are managed. But replacing the phone is starting to get old.

    I know some folks out there are on their first Pre, however of the 5 people who have pre's that I know, only 1 of them has not had to replace their phone.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by appia View Post
    Really? A bit scary. I keep my fingers crossed.
    Really really. It kind of sucks but Sprint has done a really great job with everything considering.
  18.    #18  
    Thanks guys I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't me. I will check the outlets and I do use a none palm car charger, I use a "rocket fish" one I picked up from best buy. But like I said it is always the wall charger that goes out. I have never had this problem with any previous phones and considering, I have had ALOT!(3 line account, each line having had 3 phones, this is the first charging issue, not to mention past phones belonging to friends lovers ect.) so I don't think it is a problem with the wall charger, I'll test the voltage.
  19. blz2's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    Sounds like you need to check the voltage at your electrical outlets.
    Love it! This is the best "It's not the Pre, it's YOU" excuse I've heard to date. Don't get a new Pre, rewire your house!!! It's not the Pre's fault your house is wired incorrectly. Jeez you have some nerve blaming it on your phone, shame on you.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    Love it! This is the best "It's not the Pre, it's YOU" excuse I've heard to date. Don't get a new Pre, rewire your house!!! It's not the Pre's fault your house is wired incorrectly. Jeez you have some nerve blaming it on your phone, shame on you.
    Seriously though, I've had quite a few routers, DSL modems, motherboards and other electronics brick on me from power surges and fluctuations.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions