Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    Love it! This is the best "It's not the Pre, it's YOU" excuse I've heard to date. Don't get a new Pre, rewire your house!!! It's not the Pre's fault your house is wired incorrectly. Jeez you have some nerve blaming it on your phone, shame on you.
    I don't recall a common pre problem being it just not charging.

Its not difficult to check the voltage of your outlets as that could harm other electronics.

He didn't even try to "blame" him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    I don't recall a common pre problem being it just not charging.

Its not difficult to check the voltage of your outlets as that could harm other electronics.

He didn't even try to "blame" him.
    A bit OT...I have a Moster Power Center for my home theater equip. It has a display that shows the real-time amps and watts. You'd be amazed how much voltage drop you can get by just turning on various electrical components thoughout the house. Sensive electronics do not react well to drops and spikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    Love it! This is the best "It's not the Pre, it's YOU" excuse I've heard to date. Don't get a new Pre, rewire your house!!! It's not the Pre's fault your house is wired incorrectly. Jeez you have some nerve blaming it on your phone, shame on you.
    It's not a matter of rewiring the house, but tightening loose connections. If the OP has 120V at his outlet then the problem is his chargers. If he has say 60V to 80V at his outlets then you have the potential for burnt up devices or even the house.
    huh, your wall voltage shouldn't matter... as long as it's between 100-240V.

Sounds like a defective Pre. I've had 3.

I don't find this abnormal with PDA phones. I went through SEVEN HTC Touch Pros, and 2 HTC Touch Diamonds before I gave up on them altogether and went back to my HTC Touch.

My 3rd Pre has a weird power button that turns the phone back on randomly, and has about 15 dead pixels, and you can see light escaping from around the edges of the screen, especially at night.

I haven't returned it yet because I'm deathly afraid of getting one that is worse.
    no 'Thanks'
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Seriously though, I've had quite a few routers, DSL modems, motherboards and other electronics brick on me from power surges and fluctuations.
    Sound like you need to get a UPS unit. I have 5 in my home (large 1200Va+ units)

I had many problems here till I UPS protected everything of major importance that was sensitive. The best thing I've heard was from dish network when a DVR HD went bad, they told me not to plug it into a UPS ever....and to immediately remove it. I followed their directions just to please them, and the next day the whole unit quit working to even turn on due to the bad power, they replaced it right off them.

So the moral of the story, have ups protection if you have bad power!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    Sound like you need to get a UPS unit. I have 5 in my home (large 1200Va+ units)

I had many problems here till I UPS protected everything of major importance that was sensitive. The best thing I've heard was from dish network when a DVR HD went bad, they told me not to plug it into a UPS ever....and to immediately remove it. I followed their directions just to please them, and the next day the whole unit quit working to even turn on due to the bad power, they replaced it right off them.

So the moral of the story, have ups protection if you have bad power!
    Totaly agree. I have a Power Center for my home theater system and a "real" surge protector for my computers. The rest of my home electronics aren't worth it.
    So you had a few defective pres, almost every pre owner has had more than one pre. If you do not like the phone, do not complain just ditch it and go to another phone. I myself am on my second pre as my first one had major oreo.
    I'm on my second and other than the light leakage its great. The first one I returned after 4 days for a massive Oreo/lose slider. But the then again the only thing I baby more than my phone is well my baby
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Dropped my Pre 3 to 4 times and installed all types of crap on it and never had this problem.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12