1.    #1  
    I found a new hash code in the 1.3.5 code that "Enables Number Masking" when I was digging around in this file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone\app\models\DialStringParser.jsjsjs

This is the hash code: ##7436581#

Does anybody here know what Number Masking is?
    hit up that thanks button
    Quote Originally Posted by tjmarkham3 View Post
    I found a new hash code in the 1.3.5 code that "Enables Number Masking" when I was digging around in this file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone\app\models\DialStringParser.jsjsjs

It masks the number that is being dialed from your phone. Your phone call log has a 555 in front of all the numbers. So if someone is prowling in your phone they will never get the real number. Good find!! for example I dialed my home number and the number showed up 8175550108 I thought I had dialed the wrong number and tried to hang up LOL. I then tried my other cell and it showed up 8175550176.
    Last edited by mamouton; 01/03/2010 at 09:52 PM.
    To disable it you just dial it again. You get a popup message showing enable or disabled. Too nice!!

I am guessing it makes you call people as an 'UNKNOWN NUMBER' call.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    no that would be *67
    This feature mixes up your number like i put in my post. A nice feature to stop people from prying in your phone and trying to get number or seeing who you called.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    This feature mixes up your number like i put in my post. A nice feature to stop people from prying in your phone and trying to get number or seeing who you called.
    Yeah, I was looking at the code to see what was around it and so when I replied, you had already done so letting us know the actual feature. Nice feature indeed.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    I think I will keep mines enabled for awhile.
  9.    #9  
    Your welcome and thank you guys for telling me what this does. I probably would have never figured it out because I rarely check my call logs.

If you're interested, I updated the wiki with more of the Hash Codes I found that were added in 1.3.5:
    Pre Specific Hash Codes - WebOS Internals
    I guess Tiger could've used a pre :-)
    lol
  12.    #12  
    Oh, also commented out in the source code right next to the hash for Masking Numbers is: "SID6581: i adore my 64"

I have no idea what that means, but I thought I'd post it in case anybody was interested.
    does this mask your number for texts as well?
    Don't know if it does text but if someone calls you while the feature on it masks the incoming call as well. Nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Oh, also commented out in the source code right next to the hash for Masking Numbers is: "SID6581: i adore my 64"

I have no idea what that means, but I thought I'd post it in case anybody was interested.
    The SID 6581 is the sound chip used in the Commodore 64. Pretty obscure reference...
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Just realized you can save the hash code as a contact and it is just a matter of pushing a button to enable/disable.
  17.    #17  
    Huh, that is really odd...
    The exact line in the code reads:

Code:
    '7436581': DialAction.MASK, // SID6581: i adore my 64
    I guess somebody just really loves their Commodore 64...