Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was just curious what kind of sounds do you use for texts/notifications...I am getting bored with mine and maybe some suggestions would be cool...thanks
    Geico song that who's watching song
    the Droid robot voice
    nextel chirp in and chirp outs
    "mail mutha*****"

I stick to mostly funny stuff......
    Star Trek red alert claxon

Myxer - Download Ringtones and More
    i just use the beginning of songs that i like that i have in music player.

currently got rise against's amber changing, and venetian snares' gentleman. too lazy to assign any more at the moment.
    "Ooooohh Good For You..."
    from the Christian Bale rant
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    i just use the beginning of songs that i like that i have in music player.

currently got rise against's amber changing, and venetian snares' gentleman. too lazy to assign any more at the moment.
    This is what I do, too. The people I talk to a lot have songs assigned to them, then I have a song assigned for callers in contacts who don't have a personal song, a song assigned for Ringtone in the sounds and ringtones menu for anyone not in my contacts, an Irish jig for messages, and I've left the alert and notification sounds stock, since I can't figure out which one is for emails and don't mind the stock one for system alerts/notifications.

Can type in my rather large list if you really want to know, but some of the songs are pretty obscure.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Mine is called XSMS.mp3. Found it on Free ringtones, themes, wallpapers, games. Millions of downloads for your mobile phone | Zedge

Kinda like 4 echo'y chimes, I kinda like it!
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I use Ryu's "hadoken" from street fighter II.
    blackberry tones
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Sounds clips / quotes from tv shows/movies/videogames can be some of the more unique gems that you can use for ringtones. It really depends on the contact you're assigning it to, IMO.

When my chain of command in the military started *****ing when I didn't have a cell phone (even though I hardly ever left the barracks anyway), as soon as I got one I went to the Wikipedia pages for every boy band from the 90's and downloaded every Single they'd came out with. Spliced them for the "good" moments in an audio editor and assigned them as ringtones to everyone I worked with. I always knew one of our new guys was calling me before I pulled the phone out of my pocket, because some outrageous song by the Backstreet Boys would start blaring at full volume. Plus it got on the nerves of everyone who'd been *****ing at me to get the phone in the first place, which was the bigger win.

When it comes to ringtones, you can either go bland, or you can pick your poison :P
    Still the default

I wasn't even aware we could change them LOL. I thought I heard people complaining that you couldn't, so I haven't bothered.
    I don't like long tones anyway
    shaun of the dead quotes
    dawn of the dead quotes
    dawn of the dead theme song
    dead inn breakfast stuff...

I have a ZomPre....it fits in
    Quote Originally Posted by morelloX View Post
    Geico song that who's watching song
    the Droid robot voice
    nextel chirp in and chirp outs
    "mail mutha*****"
    I stick to mostly funny stuff......
    been looking everywhere for the nextel chirps! Can you send me them/post or something? I'd appreciat it .
    Submarine sonar "ping" sound for incoming message. Short, sweet....and accurately descriptive.
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    Mine is called XSMS.mp3. Found it on Free ringtones, themes, wallpapers, games. Millions of downloads for your mobile phone | Zedge

Kinda like 4 echo'y chimes, I kinda like it!
    Thank you for this site! It's AWESOME.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    What patch are you using to get this done? I just checked the phone and see no way to change notification sounds.
    Use the SMS Tone per Contact patch. The full list of patches is here with descriptions:

Official Patch Discussion

Just out of curiosity, I did a Search for "notification sounds patch" and both of these links came right up.

And by the way, there are links to over a million sound effects, tones, and ringtones here: Ringtone Tips.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/04/2010 at 09:25 AM.
    I switch between the ST communicator sound and the Monty Python "message for you sir" clip.

Ringtones I just make my own from different songs for those close to me, my base ringer is the old phone ringer that came with Pre. But one of the first changes I made was DL the louder stock tones that someone here had made.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    for texts I use "I'm Barack Obama and I approve this message."
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast