Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My gf and my buddy both have a busted power button.

I may try the fix for them.
    my power button just quit this week on my original date release pre... I haven't had any issues till now either! Sucks cause I got soooo much stuff on this phone. I took it in to sprint today, no insurance, bought from best buy on release day, and a half hr later they said they couldn't fix it, but ordered me a new one which will be there tomorrow! Kinda cool I guess. I just hate to back every thing up!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    guy at Sprint store couldn't fix my power button either. He said they were going to order me a new phone (refurb I am guessing). Hopefully in tomorrow afternoon.

My question: will my apps reload? Hoping at least my paid ones will...
    make sure the backups app has today as the most recent backup date, and yes, they will all reload... save some massive failure from palm's servers...
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by catallah View Post
    Add one more to the broken power button...I am getting a replacement sent to me. I wonder if they will find some sorta of permanent fix for this. I agree with others...other than a slight oreo effect my pre has been pretty sturdy.
    I thought mine was good otherwise, but while waiting for my new pre I saw my old one shut off on closing the slider..at least a new one is on the way.
    I'm a Technical Consultant for Sprint.. I'll let you in on our fix. We REALLY don't like to order new ones because it's such a quick fix.

The power button has a tiny raised dot on it that snaps off very easily. I see about one or two Pre's come in a day with that issue.

Our fix is to pop the power button off (use tweezers) and gently tweak (pinch) the tip of the little plastic piece that makes a connection to the button. It extends the little arm juuuuuust enough to fix it! Pop the power button back in and voila! Haven't seen any come back for a second repair on this issue either.

Or if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, just bring it to your local Sprint store and I'll do it for you.
    my 2 cents.....While I like my pre the construction is CHEAP!!! seems like there are always issues..... Today was a new one.... My PRE was charging.... and wasnt connected to ANYTHING.... Could it be PRE MAGIC ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Robflla View Post
    my 2 cents.....While I like my pre the construction is CHEAP!!! seems like there are always issues..... Today was a new one.... My PRE was charging.... and wasnt connected to ANYTHING.... Could it be PRE MAGIC ???
    Do you have an invisible touchstone? I'm jealous.
    A few days ago I was reading about someones power button not working and them having to turn their pre on with a headphone jack.

And of course with my luck after reading that thread my power button stopped working THIS MORNING! (it was perfectly fine yesterday and last night) IDK how in the world it happened over night!?!?!

I have an original release date Pre and have just now begun to have problems and have no insurance...its kinda starting to stress me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
    A few days ago I was reading about someones power button not working and them having to turn their pre on with a headphone jack.

And of course with my luck after reading that thread my power button stopped working THIS MORNING! (it was perfectly fine yesterday and last night) IDK how in the world it happened over night!?!?!

I have an original release date Pre and have just now begun to have problems and have no insurance...its kinda starting to stress me out.
    See my response over in the other thread where you asked the same question.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12