1.    #1  
    so the first 2 days I updated my battery was draining by the minute. As the days went on it got better and better. Today it's at it's best. Phone has been off the charger since 9ish am and it's almost 5 and I'm at 78%. That's amazing... I'm liking this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    so the first 2 days I updated my battery was draining by the minute. As the days went on it got better and better. Today it's at it's best. Phone has been off the charger since 9ish am and it's almost 5 and I'm at 78%. That's amazing... I'm liking this.
    Agreed. Mine is significantly improved as well. What I've noticed most is that standby seems to be much, much better than before. Tomorrow will be my first day back at work since 1.3.5 was released, and that will be the real test of battery life. I'll try to report back what I discover from more typical use.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Standby time is amazing. I've gone 3 days w/o having to charge, and that's unheard of.
    This may be a little off-topic (btw, yess i do notice the battery bump ) but.... is it me, or does the OS boot faster now?? I really think i've seen mine boot in about 1 minute at times, maybe faster.

I just rebooted, took about 1.5 minutes to get back to the main screen. Oh, and you also start hear notifications in the background during the last couple of flashes of the glowing "palm" screen...hmm :-\ Cant wait for CES.
  5.    #5  
    hmm. Not sure about the stary time... Anyone else have email notification problems? When I used to get emails it woild ding and light up to show who is emailing me. Now it just dings and the screen stays black. Any clue?
    Same here standby time is nuts now I'm averaging 1.75% per hour compared to between 3 and 5 percent on 1.3.1.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
  7.    #7  
    I think now is the time palm starts tearing up the competition. Battery power already in check. Next comes the gpu/speed, etc. Can't wait for CES to see what's going to happen.
    hmm. Not sure about the stary time... Anyone else have email notification problems? When I used to get emails it woild ding and light up to show who is emailing me. Now it just dings and the screen stays black. Any clue?
    Yea, I'm noticing this too. I hear it, but the screen doesn't turn on. Is this a change to conserve the battery power? :-\ hmmm, who knows... Anyone else notice the way they number messages from the same sender in the notifications now? SCHEEEET!
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Battery life does appear to improve over time following an update rather than immediately. Someone mentioned this has to do with 'calibration'?
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Mine went from about 5% to 12%. Fantastic.
    Just ran a huge test over the last 2 days.

Stock Battery with Stock AC Charger.
    Phone Unplugged @ 100%

Battery Lasted 30 hours Before hitting 20%.
    Battery Monitor (2.68% Drain Per Hour)

24 Hours of Full 1x voice with Wifi On. (Airave Full Signal but EV jumps in and out so I leave on wifi.)
    6 Hours of Full EV and 2-3 Bars Voice.
    30 Text Messages
    13 Phone Calls (Longest Call was 5 Min's)
    30 Min's Web Browsing (PreCentral, Amazon, Tiger Direct, Banking, Ect..)
    1 Pop E-mail Account Set To 1 Hour
    Downloaded 4 New apps
    25 Min's of Gaming (Paratrooper, Presteroids, Paper Football, Super Hangman)
    10 Min's of News (Engadget, Newsweek, Express News)
    Download New Update 1.3.5.1
    Checked Weather 5 Times
    10 Min's of Fanango to check movie times and watch trailers
    10 Min's of Pandora with wifi over bluetooth.

All that and still have 20% left

Follow Me On Twitter
    Even better, if you are at home and have wifi: disable cell data, bring up wifi. Overnight I typically only lose about 8% this way. If I don't do that, I lose 30-40% (bad coverage in my house). This won't work unless you disable cell data, even with wifi up.

I wish webos would disable cell data automatically when wifi is up. That'd be a nice patch. Might be possible using scripts in /etc/network/{if-up.d,if-down.d}?
    Get a Airave my apartment is like a cave and I have no signal inside. The Airave gives me full bars 1x and then my evdo jumps in and out depending where I'm in my apartment. If I leave on my wifi the phone doesn't search for EV and they battery life is amazing.

Follow Me On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    Get a Airave my apartment is like a cave and I have no signal inside. The Airave gives me full bars 1x and then my evdo jumps in and out depending where I'm in my apartment. If I leave on my wifi the phone doesn't search for EV and they battery life is amazing.
    That evdo jumping in and out is the problem (I do have an airave :-) ). I think I'm close enough to a tower that it keeps trying to connect to it using EVDO, and I get worse battery life (and my bars go from 5 to 1). This does not occur if I use wifi and disable the phone's data signal. I need to call tech support on this one, I guess. The airrave does serve the purpose of giving me reliable voice signal, however, which is why I bought it. I put an xlink BT gateway in the mix, and was able to get rid of my vonage line.