1.    #1  
    I installed DOOM & QUAKE via Preware but I haven't been able to run any of them :-( ... When I tap on their icon to open the program/game I see a notification that flashes for a fraction of a second in the notifications area that says: "Doom starting..." but then it goes away and nothing really happens..the game won't open, no new cards are created...
    Any ideas? Thanks in advance folks!
    Reboot. If that doesn't work reinstall them and, without launching them, reboot your Pre again.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    why would anyone want to even play doom?
    Because it's a classic game that is still fun now.
    Do you have MyTether installed? There have been soem reports about its "patch" to make the wifi tethering work beraking other things. Known already is the camera and 3d Games. I am wondering if this is another one of its victims.
    Quote Originally Posted by makokiller View Post
    why would anyone want to even play doom?
    why would anyone want to post something so constructive in a thread as that.

/sarcasam

back on topic, delete the applications, and install them without anything else running, then restart then open them, should work
    Quote Originally Posted by bmhanson View Post
    Do you have MyTether installed? There have been soem reports about its "patch" to make the wifi tethering work beraking other things. Known already is the camera and 3d Games. I am wondering if this is another one of its victims.
    ^ this. Had exact same problem. The Mytether patch not only breaks the camera (as it explains) but also breaks Doom, Quake ( I would assume other 3d games) and also stopped me from being able to watch videos.