1.    #1  
    I forgot to delete every app off my phone before I did the update now nothing will work right.. what can i do to get my phone back to working order?
    There's always WebOS Doctor - it sounds scary, but it's really not bad. You don't even lose your stored files, and automagically reload any App Catalog apps. You basically just need to Dr, then login and reinstall homebrew apps and patches. Easy peasy!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    <<thread renamed>>

Please give your thread titles a little more description.

Thanks
    -Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    It updated without me specifying it to and I ran into the same prob so I tried the Dr last night for the first time. Needless to say it was headbangingly frustrating. Six % in and it said my usb disconnected and bricked the phone for about 15 minutes. I tried doing it again 3 times until it at least gave me back the buggy os instead of no service....I havent tried again and dont think I will do anything until 2.0 +....anyone have tips?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BourbonBreath View Post
    It updated without me specifying it to and I ran into the same prob so I tried the Dr last night for the first time. Needless to say it was headbangingly frustrating. Six % in and it said my usb disconnected and bricked the phone for about 15 minutes. I tried doing it again 3 times until it at least gave me back the buggy os instead of no service....I havent tried again and dont think I will do anything until 2.0 +....anyone have tips?

thanks
    What you should have done is put it into Recovery Mode. This way there is almost nothing that can go wrong unless it is you computer's fault (not WebOS Doctor). You do this by:
    - With the USB cable connected, completely power off the Pre (hold down the power button until the option to power off appears)
    - Hold down the Up button on the volume rocker
    - While holding the Up button, power on the Pre
    - "Next" should now be enabled - proceed with the recovery

Go over to webos-internals and follow the steps they have here. They will tell you what to do if anything goes wrong.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    No need to delete apps before updating. Just patches and themes which are not to be confused with apps.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    There's always WebOS Doctor - it sounds scary, but it's really not bad. You don't even lose your stored files, and automagically reload any App Catalog apps. You basically just need to Dr, then login and reinstall homebrew apps and patches. Easy peasy!
    I just used the doctor, and to my pleasant surprise it also brought back my homebrew apps... Is that normal? Should I uninstall them and reinstall them? They all seem to be working just fine...

I didn't need to use the doc, I was just curious to see what would happen, and I am glad I did. My phone seems to be responding much better...
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    dunno, but something similar happened to me (update w/out chance of removing patches) i was able to remove and reinstall patches w/ quick install witch All seem to work fine, but Preware wasn't loading back up. I removed it from phone, but now nothing including Preware wants to install, patches or free apps from catalog. I get install error message all day long!!
    Please advise..