Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Like the title says. Why isn't there a patch that wakes the phone with the center button. It would be much easier to hit the center button than the power button every time you want to wake the phone up.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    There is a forum for discussing patches and patch requests:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/

A patch that allows this has been discussed many times, but it seems that as of right now it is not possible.
  3.    #3  
    ahh ok. If a mod can move it. I'd appreciate it
    The problem with a patch like this is that your phone will wake up every time the center button presses against anything -- a case, a purse, a pocket. It can lead to dead batteries.
    I like that idea (kind of iphone like). There cold be a 2 second delay to help prevent accidental turn-ons. it would give that button some use and take the pressure off of the power button (no pun intended) and reduce it from breaking. Anybody willing to take it on?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    The problem with a patch like this is that your phone will wake up every time the center button presses against anything -- a case, a purse, a pocket. It can lead to dead batteries.
    What about a double tap or something?
    I would love to see a patch for this...I get the sense that this must be technically difficult or something, because the dead battery story doesn't seem like a good enough reason to pass on the option.
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    I like that idea (kind of iphone like). There cold be a 2 second delay to help prevent accidental turn-ons. it would give that button some use and take the pressure off of the power button (no pun intended) and reduce it from breaking. Anybody willing to take it on?

i like this idea 2sec hold, is the way to go,,,,,the double tap would happen to much in the pocket or holster
    I dont understand why Pre users are so against opening the slider to wake the Phone.
    I open mine at least a hundred times a day with no ill affects. Its a slider, its meant to be opened. If it werent it be called a Pixi!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I dont understand why Pre users are so against opening the slider to wake the Phone.
    I open mine at least a hundred times a day with no ill affects. Its a slider, its meant to be opened. If it werent it be called a Pixi!

Me personally i have nothing against the slider. i like to use the slider when i have to use the keyboard. there alot you can do without sliding the phone, but u have to slide it open, or press the power button . I just think it would be easier to use the center button
    personally i just use the power button really not that difficult and one less patch to remove before update
    My case makes the power button just a tad more difficult to hit than without. Not hard at all, just takes that little bit more effort.

I'd love it if we could wake it with the button to just make that task easier. We have a lot more pointless and battery draining patches, so I don't see the reason why no one has done it, unless it just can't be done easily?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Why would I open the slide just to play a game or surf the internet. Thats a wasted action for me.
    This would help prevent issues withe the power button.
    Having the patch would give another option when powering on the phone. If you don't need it, or wouldn't use it, then don't install it.
    Having had the Pre for 6 months, I still find myself pressing that button to turn on the phone with no success. I'd install this patch in a heartbeat.

While the button being pressed in purses and bags is an issue, how tight are the jeans you're wearing that the center button can get pressed?? I'm pretty sure for 98% of us, the button being pressed in our pants pocket is a non-issue as we don't wear skintight leather pants.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustoid View Post
    Having had the Pre for 6 months, I still find myself pressing that button to turn on the phone with no success. I'd install this patch in a heartbeat.

While the button being pressed in purses and bags is an issue, how tight are the jeans you're wearing that the center button can get pressed?? I'm pretty sure for 98% of us, the button being pressed in our pants pocket is a non-issue as we don't wear skintight leather pants.
    Same here. Even to this day I still hit the center button without even thinking about it to try and wake the phone. It just makes sense.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Well the interesting part of this thread is that the center button does in fact work to wake the phone... its just that it only works when the phone falls asleep with the slider open! So im sure its possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    Well the interesting part of this thread is that the center button does in fact work to wake the phone... its just that it only works when the phone falls asleep with the slider open! So im sure its possible.
    Yup. I think that's why I keep pressing it when the phone is closed to try and wake it. I'm pretty sure I would have trained myself out of that behavior if the center button didn't work to wake up the phone at all.
    how in the world is pressing the center button any harder than pressing the power button??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast