Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The power button feels like it's going to break every time I touch it--mine is loose and wobbly and not well-built at all (on an otherwise nearly flawless Pre). There are more than a few posts here about people's power buttons not working after awhile.

I'd rather use the center button for this, period.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyJilly View Post
    how in the world is pressing the center button any harder than pressing the power button??
    It's not it's easier

The way I hold the phone makes it easier to hit the center button than the power button
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyJilly View Post
    how in the world is pressing the center button any harder than pressing the power button??
    its not about easy or hard; its about intuitiveness. going from the center button (power on) to the screen in one motion.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    its not about easy or hard; its about intuitiveness. going from the center button (power on) to the screen in one motion.
    Exactly. the power button is in such an odd location
    how bout double tap the middle button to automatically turn on the flashlight
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I too would like to see a patch for using center button to wake up the phone only, not unlock phone automatically. You would still have to slide the lock icon up to unlock the phone. So if you accidentally hit the center button to wake up the phone, but don't slide up lock icon to unlock, the screen turns off in 5 seconds anyway. So there really isn't too big of a problem with accidentally waking the phone with the center button and draining too much battery.

The current power button is just located in an odd spot for some people including myself, thus this patch request. Have been waiting for this patch, hope to see it soon.

Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12