Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    My Pre with Swisscom sim card sometimes shows "3G" on top right corner of the screen, sometimes it shows "E". It seems to depend on the signal strength. Am I right?

I tried to call my Pre while watching a Youtube video in my home where Swisscom signal is not very strong and Pre shows "E" for network connection. The phone did not respond. But rather it popped up a notification "XXX tried to call you" after I hung up.

I have not done the same test when my Pre shows "3G".
  2.    #42  
    A discovery: There is an option of setting Speed Dial in contact menu now. How interesting! It may have arrived very quietly.

Hoping for 1.3.5 coming to Europe any time soon. Just copied the info needed for ROM upgrade.
    http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes
    webOS Updates - Before you update to a new webOS, first remove themes and patches. Homebrew Apps do not have to be uninstalled before a webOS update.

Remove all Patches - Click Tools, Tweaks, Run EPR, Yes, then Luna Restart.

Remove a Theme - Click Tools, Themer, and then click Revert to Default .

Stuck Patches - If you have a patch or theme that just won't uninstall, you can always use the WebOS Repair Utility. Click Option and then Override Compatibility. Or you can use Preware. You can also restore factory settings by using the WebOS Doctor to remove all personal data. And by all, we mean all.
    Last edited by appia; 01/11/2010 at 05:15 PM.
  3.    #43  
    Already removed all the patches and themes.

Just downloaded Update 1.3.5.2 Unpacking now...
    I read somewhere it is necessary to run EMH(?) under Preware after the update. I can not find EMH in the menu of Preware. Can anyone tell where to find it?
  4.    #44  
    After what seems an eternal unpacking process comes "Validating..."
  5.    #45  
    Install now appeared. I pressed on it without hesitation.
    At long last, the update is complete.
    I ran ERP using WebOS Install before the update. According to some posts, i need to run EMH (?) under Preware after the update. Now I searched again in Preware but could not find EMH(?) .

Can anyone help me on this point?
    Last edited by appia; 01/12/2010 at 04:36 AM. Reason: update
    it's in available packages - linux applications - all - emergency migration helper

Markus
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by pretomcat View Post
    it's in available packages - linux applications - all - emergency migration helper

Markus
    Thanks. As I have already installed a few patches after the update to 1.3.5.2, I should not run EMH according to the instruction (run EMH immediately after update). Will there be any bad consequences if I do not run EMH at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by appia View Post
    Thanks. As I have already installed a few patches after the update to 1.3.5.2, I should not run EMH according to the instruction (run EMH immediately after update). Will there be any bad consequences if I do not run EMH at all?
    EMH handles the moving of homebrew apps to their new location and has nothing to do with patches as far as i know.

Markus
  9.    #49  
    Can I run EMH then?
  10.    #50  
    I took the plunge and ran EMH. All the patches (% indicator for battery level etc) were gone afterwards. I had to re-install them. Not a bad consequence. So far Pre works well.

Is there a shortcut for shutting down Pre?

How to move app icon to a different page?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Is there a shortcut for shutting down Pre?
    Press and hold the power button is about as short as it gets.
    How to move app icon to a different page?
    Tap and hold an icon, after a second it will "light" up. You can then drag to a different page.
  12.    #52  
    Thanks for the tips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    Press and hold the power button is about as short as it gets.
    It takes a few taps before shutdown or restart. Are there any apps or patches that can send Pre straight to shut down, warm restart or cold restart?

Tap and hold an icon, after a second it will "light" up. You can then drag to a different page.
    Thanks, it works.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    It takes a few taps before shutdown or restart. Are there any apps or patches that can send Pre straight to shut down, warm restart or cold restart?
    It's been asked on the US Palm Pre forum, and unfortunately the answer is no.
    does the GSM Pre have a callfilter application already?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Callfilter? There's a patch to ignore unknown numbers if thats what you mean. Otherwise for callfilter, all I can think of is Human Eyeball version 1.0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123