1.    #1  
    So i've been debating the last several days on wether i should get an unlocked pre, and it seems that the only place i get get one is from ebay uk for about $550-$650... High price for a phone but before spending this much money i wanted to know what do i have to do before getting the phone, should i get a gsm phone and buy a rebel card? No familiar with this process so i need help. If i buy the pre from the UK will it work in the US with tmobile with no problems? Will all the original sprint functions work including the built in app store? Does anyone know if i can find one for about $400-$450?
    I would just buy a GSM Pre and unlock it with a rebel card. Works out cheaper I think. That's what i'm doing,
    iPhone 4 16GB Black | iPad 2 WiFi 32GB Black
    HP TouchPad 16GB
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Holy crap those are pricey!

I don't think us american realize how much our phones are subsidized.

Would prices drop if AT&T or T-mobile start selling it in the states? Maybe it would be worth the wait.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Holy crap those are pricey!

I don't think us american realize how much our phones are subsidized.

Would prices drop if AT&T or T-mobile start selling it in the states? Maybe it would be worth the wait.
    Our phones are subsidized on contracts as well; this user is looking to buy an UNLOCKED (sim-free, with no contract) Pre, totally unsubsidized by a network. On the network the Pre's on over here (o2), the Pre's free.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Our phones are subsidized on contracts as well; this user is looking to buy an UNLOCKED (sim-free, with no contract) Pre, totally unsubsidized by a network. On the network the Pre's on over here (o2), the Pre's free.
    I guess I am not understand the reason for an UNLOCKED Pre? what are the Pros Cons?

Palm Index Page Looks like a good deal to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    I guess I am not understand the reason for an UNLOCKED Pre? what are the Pros Cons?

Palm Index Page Looks like a good deal to me.
    a locked phone usually comes with a contract as well, ranging from 12 months to 24 months. it's a doubly-binding method used by telcos to keep customers on their service.

unlocked phones that come without contracts allow users to change telcos freely without any legal ramifications. some telcos provide for number retention, giving users greater freedom of choice.

here in singapore, phones must be unlocked by law. the advantage for the customer is that he/she can choose to continue using his/her handset on another telco after the contract with his/her pre-existing one runs out, without having to get an new phone locked onto this other telco.
  7.    #7  
    I may just get a gsm pre and buy a rebel sim, do you know if all the features work with the rebel sim? Does the phone come with an app store or would it just be all 3rd party apps only?