1.    #1  
    I have read a little on here about people using their old centro batteries in their pre's. Just wondering if this works? I read on palms and they said that the centro battery was not compatible with the pre.
    There's a thread about that just a few below this one.
  3.    #3  
    I have read most of that thread. Just wondering about it since palm says not to use centro batteries in the pre. Also wondering if its better for the battery to drain then charge or charge whenever. I keep it plugged in alot at work but am wondering if that is going to ruin my battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryangolfpro View Post
    I have read most of that thread. Just wondering about it since palm says not to use centro batteries in the pre. Also wondering if its better for the battery to drain then charge or charge whenever. I keep it plugged in alot at work but am wondering if that is going to ruin my battery.
    I don't have one, I can't say. Sorry.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Where did palm say that?

Use my Centro batt as a backup and the centro itself as a travel charger. No probs, no noticeable difference.

If palm did say that it is prob just to sell accessories.
    this has been discussed in great depth and the consensus seems to be that the centro battery works just fine. a few ppl might have posted that they've gotten bad results (phone/battery gets hotter?) but i've been using my 3-4 centro batteries in my pre since i got it in june w/ no problems at all. in fact, i think they perform better than the stock black palm pre battery. they probably perform just as well at the least...

also, you should avoid running down lithium ion batteries too much. frequent topping off is better than full discharge, so plug it in often and try not to drain the battery down below 20% or so.
    if you are going to store a lithium ion battery for a while, discharge it to 50% and then store it. this puts the least amount of strain on the battery.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I use my Centro batt a lot & it works just fine. There are even some I've seen post that they get BETTER life out of the Centro batt than the Pre batt's!
    I use my Centro batteries in my Pre and use my Centro as a charger. They appear to work the same as the pre battery.
    I have a Centro. I dont' have a Pre. Sorry, this is an irrelevant post. And there will be nine more so that I am able to see links, etc in peoples siggy lines...sigh.
    I can report no issue at all with swapping the batteries. Both devices work like a charm with the others' battery!