1.    #1  
    I've been searching for a virtual keyboard application to and fro without any luck. What happen to it? I only found a patch under Mojo but thats not an application.
    I think those developers should keep a nice little hold on updates.... if Palm reveals that they are enabling the GPU and adding native app support - this will heat up. OpenGL/WebGL in the mix... we could soon be seeing very smooth virt. keyboards, 3D games, and other animations + some speed boosts. YESSSSSSS!!!!!

Palm InfoCenter:
    Palm's Native webOS App Secrets Revealed
    I found 2 virtual keyboards under the app catalog for $ .99 but your probably wanting the one in preware
    if you go into preware and then click on list of everything and then start typing virtual it should pop up for you .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taglioni View Post
    I found 2 virtual keyboards under the app catalog for $ .99 but your probably wanting the one in preware
    Really?
    HUH!!! Well I'll be damned

When did THOSE arrive?

vkb.png

Anyone here try either of these?
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post

When did THOSE arrive?

vkb.png

yea, good find. Never saw them before. Good start.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Well from reading about them, they open up in a separate card unlike the ones the fine homebrew community has made. I personally like being able to double tap the gesture area and using the keyboard then tapping again and making it go away. just my personal opinion. Granted those keyboards look great and if they implemented them into where you do the same as homebrew ones do, then i would very much be interested in purchasing one.
    yeah they are opened in seperate cards ...i want the homebrew keyboard too but i don't have preware installed because im waiting on a replacement pre .....i guess it really wouldnt make a difference if i installed preware though? ne way one of the keyboards you can buy through the app catalog has haptic feed back
    i wouldn't get the ones from the app store, why would you when you can get the one from preware for free?
    yeah they are opened in seperate cards ...i want the homebrew keyboard too but i don't have preware installed because im waiting on a replacement pre .....i guess it really wouldnt make a difference if i installed preware though? ne way one of the keyboards you can buy through the app catalog has haptic feed back
    if you open webos quickinstaller after you load the keyboard patch and go into tweaks and the virtual keyboard tab and then check haptic . you will then have haptic feed back as well !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmlf View Post
    I've been searching for a virtual keyboard application to and fro without any luck. What happen to it? I only found a patch under Mojo but thats not an application.
    That IS, indeed, the droid that you are looking for. The patch works in all text fields on the pre--sort of a universal app. Even the browser.

When did THOSE arrive?

vkb.png

they have been out but they are not the same as the preware keyboard at all
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    If I'm not mistaken, the "Preware Keyboard" is not yet patched to work with 1.3.5 and so that might be the problem you're having. It's quite depressing but it should be upgraded soon enough. I'm no programmer though so I can't say anything about when.
    it is in fact patched for 1.3.5 typing on my updated pre right now
    The patch in WebOS quickinstaller us working fine for me... just installed it and it is working seemlessly with all text fields
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts

When did THOSE arrive?

vkb.png

Well I downloaded the WOG O.S.K keyboard yesterday and it works real well. Other than the obvious that it's not a native app it does the job fairly well. My only gripe is that I can't paste what I type without opening the phone. If I have to open the phone to paste I might as well open it to type but good first attempt to get a catalog approved keyboard.

edit: ok so I found the paste command without opening phone so my one gripe goes away.
    Last edited by edlex; 01/04/2010 at 12:51 PM.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Well I downloaded the WOG O.S.K keyboard yesterday and it works real well. Other than the obvious that it's not a native app it does the job fairly well. My only gripe is that I can't paste what I type without opening the phone. If I have to open the phone to paste I might as well open it to type but good first attempt to get a catalog approved keyboard.

edit: ok so I found the paste command without opening phone so my one gripe goes away.
    Just released an update to WOG O.S.K. today that allows interaction with other apps. It's still limited, but we're making progress. It's much tougher to make these when you have to follow the rules.

Have a forum I track for questions on it if you need anything.
    It's on Forum.WebOSGroup.com - Index page
    Just easier for me to track when it's in one place.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds