Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Alright, after reading these forums for quite a while now I'm sad to discover that most threads started on here are people complaining. I've had my pre for about a month now and have been nothing but happy with it. It wasn't until I was searching for apps that I came across this website and have discovered my pre does so much more than I ever imagined it would. The patches alone are worth it as far as I'm concerned, some of them my iPhriends are downright jealous of! I really just wanted to have at least one post on here that wasn't a complaint of some sort. Anyone with me? Happy with your pre?
    There are two ways to pass a hurdle: leaping over or plowing through...
    There needs to be a monster truck option.
    well as for alot of the posts being complaints i think youll find that all forums are full of complaints since people who dont have problems usually dont feel the need to say anything but welcome to the forums
  3.    #3  
    I know, I actually hate the negativity about most message boards! I've learned quite a bit from these which is why I'm hoping to stick around and make it at least slightly less bitter. I'm normally not a rose colored glasses type person but I love my pre with all my black little heart and just wanted to share.
    sounds like most peoples experiences with their pres
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    well as for alot of the posts being complaints i think youll find that all forums are full of complaints since people who dont have problems usually dont feel the need to say anything but welcome to the forums
    It appears that you are complaining about her lack of complaint!
    Quote Originally Posted by karn101 View Post
    It appears that you are complaining about her lack of complaint!
    and you are complaining on my complaining on her lack of complaint (not a complaint just a fact)
    I just bought my Pre yesterday(definitely was under the impression Id get it alot cheaper than I actually paid for it), while Im late to the game so to speak, and Ive been following Pre since it has released(tried to actually do an early upgrade but the phone was in such demand they'd have none of it).

Overall after having read these forums substantially before making my purchase(I knew what to expect as I had messed with the Sprint store's Pre quite a bit, and actually talked one of my coworkers into buying it before my upgrade time haha), I can say that Im extremely satisfied with the phone(and the camera is just astonishing moving from my Centro's decent pics). Shortly after buying the phone it was becoming very handy as I was taking pictures of some ridiculous vehicle trouble that happened on the way home(friends body kit/bumper fell off in the middle of a VERY busy intersection, it was hilarious..).

The phone also came in handy again as I had a hunting trip this morning, I was luck enough to have the turn by turn at the right time as we were headed to a new spot and had NO clue how to get there aside from the address. After arriving I was able to tell what the temp would be up too at sunrise and the high of the day so we could also layer up properly, once we were done hunting I managed to snag some GREAT pictures of our take for the day, then finished up with the turn by turn home, while conversing and emailing multiple attachments off to my friends of our trip.

Great phone, LOVING it, impressed my anti-gadget friends immensely.

Biggest complaint I have aside from battery probs(but I have a centro and Im under the impression that the battery will work in my Pre), which are manageable.. is the plastic screen, I have an iPod Touch and when comparing them the ONLY thing I want is that glass screen to complete the package.

Figured Id throw in some love for Palm.. Oh and I must NOT forget the webOS internal community, as Im absolutely in LOVE with their homebrew work.. EXCELLENT job on their part.
    Yet another complaint about complainers ......
    irony is the greatest joke of all
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by feyded1020 View Post
    Figured Id throw in some love for Palm.. Oh and I must NOT forget the webOS internal community, as Im absolutely in LOVE with their homebrew work.. EXCELLENT job on their part.
    Totally agree. My next thing is going to be to try to figure out how to make a theme as I haven't been overly thrilled with any of them. Whats it they say, you want it done right you do it yourself? Not that they're done wrong, per se, lord knows those who've gone before me are leaps and bounds ahead of me, but I know what I want and I'm going to figure out how to do it, if it kills me!

AND NO COMPLAINING!!! This is an anticomplaint thread!
    Yeah, I have to say that I really enjoy my Pre, as well. With the help of apps and patches (a few from the App Catalogue, most from homebrew -- thanks devs!) I have created a phone that does all the tasks I need it to in a very useful and fun way. Plus games, and tweaks, and...

Always looking forward to new capabilites, apps and tweaks, but definitely having fun with what I've got.

Jen4muzik, have you checked out PreThemer (another themeing website for Pre)? Two of my favorite themes (Kanji and Asia) are from there. I also have favorites on Pre Central, mostly sports related (go Wings! Go Vikings!) plus the Boondock Saints. I wish you the best with developing your own theme...it's not something I'd even attempt, which is why I am oh so grateful to all the devs out there!
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  12.    #12  
    Thanks! I'll definitely check them out!
    Totally agree. My next thing is going to be to try to figure out how to make a theme as I haven't been overly thrilled with any of them. Whats it they say, you want it done right you do it yourself? Not that they're done wrong, per se, lord knows those who've gone before me are leaps and bounds ahead of me, but I know what I want and I'm going to figure out how to do it, if it kills me!

AND NO COMPLAINING!!! This is an anticomplaint thread!
    Haha yeh I work WAY too much, as much as Id LOVE to contribute to homebrew firsthand, I feel my pocket book will carry just as much weight when I donate to webOS internals.. I wish I continued learning the java language though when I was younger =(

Jen4muzik, have you checked out PreThemer (another themeing website for Pre)? Two of my favorite themes (Kanji and Asia) are from there. I also have favorites on Pre Central, mostly sports related (go Wings! Go Vikings!) plus the Boondock Saints. I wish you the best with developing your own theme...it's not something I'd even attempt, which is why I am oh so grateful to all the devs out there!
    ew the Wings, Pens are obviously the better team. =p
    Quote Originally Posted by feyded1020 View Post
    ew the Wings, Pens are obviously the better team. =p
    Ewwwww! Puhleaze! Actually, I like the Pens. I was born in Pittsburgh, so the first hockey games I ever went to (as an infant) were Pens games. They will always hold a place in my heart, but nobody can replace my Wings.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Okay, I know this is a non-complaint board, but I need to destroy the flow.

The Pre, PreCentral, and the Dev community have spoiled me. I know there's a saying about people never being satisfied, but that's not true. I was very satisfied with my Pre, but the Devs just keep me adding and wanting more things that I never even conceived of.

It's a phone, it makes calls, and it accesses the web, and it's a PDA. Who needs more. Evidently I did and didn't know it. Where do these Devs come up with these ideas? And oh btw Devs, don't stop. We're all addicted now and we need the next patch, the next app, the next. . .
    I think everyone here loces their pre. Its just they know it could be so much better
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Okay, I know this is a non-complaint board, but I need to destroy the flow.

The Pre, PreCentral, and the Dev community have spoiled me. I know there's a saying about people never being satisfied, but that's not true. I was very satisfied with my Pre, but the Devs just keep me adding and wanting more things that I never even conceived of.

It's a phone, it makes calls, and it accesses the web, and it's a PDA. Who needs more. Evidently I did and didn't know it. Where do these Devs come up with these ideas? And oh btw Devs, don't stop. We're all addicted now and we need the next patch, the next app, the next. . .
    I don't think that's much of a complaint so much as a frustration that it's all so good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zweinstein View Post
    I think everyone here loces their pre. Its just they know it could be so much better
    Everything can be better...
    My family just got new phones over the winter holidays. My mom got a Pixi, my dad got a Pre and my sister decided to get a Curve 8330. Well yesterday they got their touchstone and now my sister is all jealous and wants to know if she can rig up her blackberry to charge like that.

Palm has done some incredible things with these phones. Their edges are still a bit rough, but they are being cleaned up very fast. I am sure WebOS is going to be absolutely beast at the one year mark. Watch out RIM, Google and Apple!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I love my Pre...The only thing I dislike is that my wife won't mod her's...

Despite this fact she's quite happy with her Pre, so from opposite ends of the spectrum Palm & Sprint have two satisfied customers.

Anyhow, I think we all should thank Palm for the platform, and the developers for the patches and apps.
  20.    #20  
    The touchstone was definitely a big deal for me, absolutely worth it. And the patches have totally made it worth it for me! I LOVE making my iPhriends jealous!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast