1.    #1  
    Sometimes my keyboard has certain keys that become unresponsive, "the b, the m, and the c." I can reboot my phone and other times pull the battery to get moving again, but it's a pain in the tush.

I recently installed the virtual keyboard so that if it happens again, I can at least finish my response to to a text or etc and then reboot.

I've been doing really good lately, but now the issue is back. I was wondering if any of you have the issue and if you've tied it to a particular patch or app. I've always use the % over battery patch, add date, the hide NFL & Nascar, and date stamp in message.

With EPR and Preware available, I've started adding more; but I had these problems prior to the new additions. The new ones are command, SMS tone per contact, and swap Reply 2 all for Move.

I haven't found it attached to the use of any particular app, but if any one has noticed something of that sort, I'd appreciate the information.

Thanks in advance for your help and happy new year.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    No help, but I can add this happened on my Pre with the "e" key about 6 weeks ago. It would work if I pressed it repeatedly.

It went on for a few days and then started working again. It felt the same when I pressed it as every other key, so do not thing it was a physical problem.

So maybe not an isolated incident with your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Sometimes my keyboard has certain keys that become unresponsive, "the b, the m, and the c." I can reboot my phone and other times pull the battery to get moving again, but it's a pain in the tush.

I recently installed the virtual keyboard so that if it happens again, I can at least finish my response to to a text or etc and then reboot.

I've been doing really good lately, but now the issue is back. I was wondering if any of you have the issue and if you've tied it to a particular patch or app. I've always use the % over battery patch, add date, the hide NFL & Nascar, and date stamp in message.

With EPR and Preware available, I've started adding more; but I had these problems prior to the new additions. The new ones are command, SMS tone per contact, and swap Reply 2 all for Move.

I haven't found it attached to the use of any particular app, but if any one has noticed something of that sort, I'd appreciate the information.

Thanks in advance for your help and happy new year.
    why would you hide the nfl and nascar apps, thats why i bought the phone
    nascar=Non-Athletic Sport Created Around Rednecks
    I had this issue as well. The buttons would work from time to time but continually got worse. I took it in to my local sprint store and they replaced the pre (not corporate). I am on pre number 6 right now.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    why would you hide the nfl and nascar apps, thats why i bought the phone
    This is going to sound sexist, but I'm a girl who doesn't even pretend to like sports. I actually use the phone for the Disney channel and watch it during lunch. It bothers me that I can only see clips instead of full episodes of Monk and I which they'd add msnbc or cnn news, but I'll never miss the nfl and nascar apps. In fact, I almost said nfl and football and had to catch myself.

Unfortunately, my family, including my daughter feels different about those apps so I can understand that they really do appeal to someone. I simply don't want them cluttering up my desktop, just because the appeal to others.

I also set the alarm on my phone to wake up and text my kids a Happy New Year. I told my husband I didn't want to wake them up I was certain that my grown kids in San Francisco would be sleep at that time, but would get back to me in the morning. My family did a group laugh about that one when they called back.

Yes. I may be out of touch with what's popular, but I still have the best darn phone available. That's right, a launch day Pre!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmoore View Post
    I had this issue as well. The buttons would work from time to time but continually got worse. I took it in to my local sprint store and they replaced the pre (not corporate). I am on pre number 6 right now.
    I agree and if the buttons didn't start working again from simply pulling the battery or rebooting, then it would be a hardware or keyboard issue. But since rebooting or pulling the battery works, it means it's probably connected to software that I've installed and I need to pay attention to whether or not it happens with a particular app.

The only app I'm aware of is that it usually happens when I'm trying to send a text. Not always, but that's when it ticks me off. I guess I should delete the text related patches first, but those patches make my Pre so won--der-ful!!