1.    #1  
    I am trying to get a hold of a palm pre gsm version. I was going to buy a regular sprint one thinking i could just get a rebel sim card and use it with t mobile but then i did my research a realized that can't be done. So now i need to get a hold of a gsm pre and everywhere i look it seems to be near $700... Are they all really selling for this much? If anyone know0 where i can get one for a decent price, if so please provide a link and i will check it out. Thanks.
    I bought one from ebay for £300. You can get them from £300-330 in new condition.

Palm Pre Search Results: palm pre, Mobile Home Phones, Smartphone, Bluetooth items at low prices on eBay.co.uk

I recommend: Brand New Sealed UK Palm Pre 8GB Mobile UK Powerseller on eBay (end time 05-Jan-10 20:30:16 GMT)
    iPhone 4 16GB Black | iPad 2 WiFi 32GB Black
    HP TouchPad 16GB
    But please be aware, if you want to buy the O2 Pre, you'll also need the Rebel SIM II to unlock it.

The Spanish Movistar Pre's don't have the SIM lock (and can be bought on eBay too).
    Well, in fact they're locked, but sellers usually sell it unlocked (through IMEI). Just make sure it says "unlocked".
    Just buy one for around £300 from eBay and pay £20 for a rebel sim
    iPhone 4 16GB Black | iPad 2 WiFi 32GB Black
    HP TouchPad 16GB
    Movistar unlocked by IMEI €450 + €40P&P = pretty expensive
    ebay: Palm Pre - Nueva y Libre - New and Unlocked - QWERTY

Same seller, locked phone - €300 + €40P&P
    ebay: Palm Pre de Movistar a estrenar

There's a Spanish site that claims to unlock Movistar Spanish Pre for €49
    Liberar Móvil Palm Treo Pre

Topic about unlocked Movistar Pre bought from eBay
  7.    #7  
    I think GOMA is also selling a locked one. Take a look at this one and let me know if you think this will work with a rebel sim... ebay: Palm Pre de Movistar a estrenar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash23 View Post
    I think GOMA is also selling a locked one. Take a look at this one and let me know if you think this will work with a rebel sim... ebay: Palm Pre de Movistar a estrenar
    Why don't you PM him <GOMA> and ask, he has been a member of this forum since like forever? There are a couple of people here in Australia who have his phones, and they don't seem to need a rebel sim, maybe take a look at his feedback? Would probably help if we knew which country you wanted to use it in? :-)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by flash23 View Post
    I am trying to get a hold of a palm pre gsm version. I was going to buy a regular sprint one thinking i could just get a rebel sim card and use it with t mobile but then i did my research a realized that can't be done. So now i need to get a hold of a gsm pre and everywhere i look it seems to be near $700... Are they all really selling for this much? If anyone know0 where i can get one for a decent price, if so please provide a link and i will check it out. Thanks.
    hello flash,

i have a german gsm pre that i bought in person at Frankfurt Germany,.. and willing to give it off for a reasonable price... im in the us.....

this phone is world unlocked from the factory (quadband) .. no need of rebel sim...unlock codes...hacks/mods etc... and everything (email, us appstore, 1.3.1 update... etc) worked right out of the box...

this means that my pre...pretty much works for voice on any gsm network worldwide... and u get only edge data connection in US, (3g in europe and uk on almost all networks....tested in person again )...

i used the phone very sparingly ... as im a strong cell phone enthusiast, collecting cell phones is my hobby..and i change phones every week...

and this phone for me is 1 out of my 11 other smart phones (nokia e62, 71x, n95 8gig, SE - p1i, xperia x1a, htc fuze, tilt 2, hd1, cingular 8525, iphone 1st gen and iphone 3gs ...)....so im not very attached to the pre.....i lost my heart to a Porsche-Design phone....and trying to save money to make it mine...

on the pre....i have not installed pre ware etc ... neither used web os doctor ever... as i dont have the energy to go nerdy ... i like to use stuff as they are..and keep them new forever...

lemme know if ur interested... send me an email at asnsrik@gmail.com

cheers
    srik