Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by prefanatic View Post
    well duh its not out. But does it not have tech geeks drooling all over the internet? Thank you. Dont believe me...google it lol.
    believe me, ive been following it. it'll put up numbers, but being on Tmobile it probably wont put up Droid numbers. especially after the holiday rush and the general public not being as aware of it as the internet tech nerds.

i wish Google would have done more with it as far as changing the industry. It's a wonderful phone, hardware wise, but it's really just an upgraded G1 in a Hero body.
    nothing wrong with that.

just like mentioning google... they tried the g1 with keyboard.
    they could have gone with a droid configuration... would have been g2...
    but for whatever reason nexus one has no keyboard.

slimmer than iphone... one gigahertz cpu and reviews say beautiful screen...
    if it stays true the 10 minute video that was being shown... will be a solid phone.

nope. just publicly stating the obvious of what palm could easily do to churn out a phone that would sell...Google just did it.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksspot555 View Post
    yup not going to happen, they are not going keyboardless anytime soon
    Why not? HTC does it.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I would agree on a bigger screen but not on the virtual keyboard only. What I want to see on the hardware front would be a solid built phone with glass screen. On the OS I want to see a more responsive UI with fluid animations and transitions, develop the PIM a little more, maintain the multitasking power, and eliminate the memory leaks. Just my humble opinion.
    Ok, time everyone, time to jump on the Troll Train, lol
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    believe me, ive been following it. it'll put up numbers, but being on Tmobile it probably wont put up Droid numbers. especially after the holiday rush and the general public not being as aware of it as the internet tech nerds.

i wish Google would have done more with it as far as changing the industry. It's a wonderful phone, hardware wise, but it's really just an upgraded G1 in a Hero body.
    yea t-mobile is not the best carrier for it but being that t-mobile usually has a small selection of phones. You know that will be their best option.

Google is selling it themselves but not many people have the money lying a round to by it unsubsidized. I agree google could have done more but it is a solid phone.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    nothing wrong with that.

just like mentioning google... they tried the g1 with keyboard.
    they could have gone with a droid configuration... would have been g2...
    but for whatever reason nexus one has no keyboard.

slimmer than iphone... one gigahertz cpu and reviews say beautiful screen...
    if it stays true the 10 minute video that was being shown... will be a solid phone.
    yea its solid phone and its obvious they just took cues from the competition. Its simple. Im not saying palm should abandon the style of the pre either. Make both. To appeal to people with different tastes.
    same form factor except larger screen better build quality and better specs ie cpu gpu memory cam battery glass screen etc...
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    I would agree on a bigger screen but not on the virtual keyboard only. What I want to see on the hardware front would be a solid built phone with glass screen. On the OS I want to see a more responsive UI with fluid animations and transitions, develop the PIM a little more, maintain the multitasking power, and eliminate the memory leaks. Just my humble opinion.
    well the first point, palm is gonna make more phones with keyboards. They will never just abandon it. I would personally would like a larger keyboard on the next keyboard based phone. The OS will keep getting better. It looks like Palm is hard at work with these updates

Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Ok, time everyone, time to jump on the Troll Train, lol
    Why because what I say makes sense or because you nothing to say but whine?
    ...... I'm sure you might see one this summer. .
    I didn't get to read all through this thread, so i dunno if anyone caught this yet, but-- I'm sure you might???
    Hahahaha.
    well, there is a rumor that the nexus may be soon after available for AT&T... when FCC approved the phone, they did approve for the other frequencies too I believe. AT&T is I believe the only major carrier not to have an Android phone so announcement of this at CES would be big. I am guessing AT&T will have their android phone soon regardless.

And honestly it doesn't matter if Nexus is T-Mobile only... from the HD2 (also rumored to go to T-Mobile) and the Nexus coming out... just means snapdragon is going into full production and chances are you will see 1ghz phones on the other carriers with android and wouldnt be surprised with keyboards on some.

yea t-mobile is not the best carrier for it but being that t-mobile usually has a small selection of phones. You know that will be their best option.

Google is selling it themselves but not many people have the money lying a round to by it unsubsidized. I agree google could have done more but it is a solid phone.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    There are two main reasons why someone would buy a Pre or a Pixi over all of the other smartphone choices out there: 1) It has a keyboard; 2) It's on Sprint. Some might like it but there will be more people who avoid it due to the lack of apps.

The bottom line is that Palm device would never be able to compete without a keyboard, especially on other carriers. There would simply be no compelling reason to choose one over an iPhone, Google Phone, or any number of HTC smartphones.
    That still leaves sprint/tmobile/verizon in the us and many carriers over the world and if they continue to build up the OS. I know many people who have been waiting to jump from Android or Blackberry.
    I totally agree with this design. Or even a landscape slider but I want a bigger screen for sure. Make an iphone type with webos and it would surely dominate
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    I disagree. if Pixi was a 3" minimum screen only phone with wifi... or let's say if the Pixi came out like the HTC Hero with WebOS and wifi and memory card slot... the Pixi would be selling a lot more than it is right now... maybe even better than the Pre.

Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    There are two main reasons why someone would buy a Pre or a Pixi over all of the other smartphone choices out there: 1) It has a keyboard; 2) It's on Sprint. Some might like it but there will be more people who avoid it due to the lack of apps.

The bottom line is that Palm device would never be able to compete without a keyboard, especially on other carriers. There would simply be no compelling reason to choose one over an iPhone, Google Phone, or any number of HTC smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    I disagree. if Pixi was a 3" minimum screen only phone with wifi... or let's say if the Pixi came out like the HTC Hero with WebOS and wifi and memory card slot... the Pixi would be selling a lot more than it is right now... maybe even better than the Pre.
    i personally would have loved a Pixi candybar with the screen the size of the Pre and a SureType keyboard ala the Pearl.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    I totally agree with this design. Or even a landscape slider but I want a bigger screen for sure. Make an iphone type with webos and it would surely dominate
    exactly. its a simple design formula. it works. you might not beat the iphone sales but it would certainly be a great phone if not a better phone and continue to build up a Palm fan base and bring in much more press/sales. all they have to do is make it.
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    Palm should stick to its routes and make a proper QWERTY device. BlackBerry-esq.
    and a bigger touchstone like a touchslab where you can put multiple pre/pixi/...? devices
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by wmp.dll View Post
    Palm should stick to its routes and make a proper QWERTY device. BlackBerry-esq.
    why? That kind of mindset gets you left behind. Why should anyone be against palm expanding their phone selection? I'm not preaching for them to stop making keyboard phones. They should continue. This is just another sensible addition to their line up.

Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    and a bigger touchstone like a touchslab where you can put multiple pre/pixi/...? devices
    I think they have something similar out at best buy although not as elegant.
    I think they have something similar out at best buy although not as elegant.
    I don't think it is compatible with the Pre/Pixi without an adapter VIA mini usb interface. But i could be wrong link please.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast