1.    #1  
    first i did a search sorry if i missed it but i am gonna post up my problem.

updated to 1.3.5. uninstalled what seemed to be all my patches and preware and package manager services. Reinstalled everything preware version 0.9.12 package manager version 0.9.27.

Now i went to updates and it said the weather channel app i had needed update so i tried to update it and it said to restart the phone,clicked ok, and when it turns back on it says install failed. Tried over and overnumerous times and the same thing happens. Now there is a weather channel icon with the yield sign over it in my menu, tried to remove it but couldnt.

Next problem, opened preware and tried to install a few patches and wach of them are saying the same thing error installing: see IPKG log then i click ipkg log and it says at the bottom failed. errorgenericmethodexception: failure during post-install script execution

so is there something deeper in my phone i need to change or what? help me our guys i appreciate it
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    You have to run Emergency Migration Helper from the Preware app. It moves your Homebrew apps to the new USB partitition. (Re: WeatherChannelApp)

As far as the error installing patches. My only advice is to use Emergency Patch Recovery in Preware to remove all your patches and start all over again. If you installed any patches through WebOSQuick Install, then you need to remove them through the EPR function provided there. Then if that doesn't do it, remove Preware and re-install using the Preware.jar installer to ensure that your getting the latest version of Preware and IPKG manager.

As always, you have reboot Luna to finish the installation of patches, or un-installation of patches.
    I had a similar problem but only installing patches. I reinstalled preware and package manager service, using webos quick install and wallah....no more install errors. Give it a shot.
    or just turn off mytether
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by flyin2low View Post
    You have to run Emergency Migration Helper from the Preware app. It moves your Homebrew apps to the new USB partitition. (Re: WeatherChannelApp)

As far as the error installing patches. My only advice is to use Emergency Patch Recovery in Preware to remove all your patches and start all over again. If you installed any patches through WebOSQuick Install, then you need to remove them through the EPR function provided there. Then if that doesn't do it, remove Preware and re-install using the Preware.jar installer to ensure that your getting the latest version of Preware and IPKG manager.

As always, you have reboot Luna to finish the installation of patches, or un-installation of patches.
    i used the EPR in linux patches in preware and still the same thing. how do i do a preware.jar install? im all about step by steps if they are provided,i really would appreciate it. I searched and know i have the latest versions of preware and the service pack manager i just dont know why it is doing this. where is the EPR function in quickinstall?

Quote Originally Posted by c.clayton View Post
    I had a similar problem but only installing patches. I reinstalled preware and package manager service, using webos quick install and wallah....no more install errors. Give it a shot.
    i tried uninstalling and reinstalling preware and service pack manager, they are both the latest versions and still nothing

Quote Originally Posted by odm4286 View Post
    or just turn off mytether
    lost
    As I was told the other day with the new webOS update comes problems with older patches. I had that problem with the SMS Tone per Contact patch and once the author of that patch updated it, voila, no problems. I'd say just give it a little while, but, then again, I have learned patience, it wasn't hardwired into me.
    There are two ways to pass a hurdle: leaping over or plowing through...
    There needs to be a monster truck option.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jen4muzik View Post
    As I was told the other day with the new webOS update comes problems with older patches. I had that problem with the SMS Tone per Contact patch and once the author of that patch updated it, voila, no problems. I'd say just give it a little while, but, then again, I have learned patience, it wasn't hardwired into me.
    i just saved all my phone numbers and pictures so im gonna go see the osdoctor and restart everything and reinstall everything and see if that helps at all.....

by the way is there gonna be a video camera update come out anytime soon?
    I am having the same problem, the Sprint store had just done a soft reset to fix a issue I was having so I did not have any patches or themes installed when I updated. I tried deleting Preware and the Package Manager and then reinstalling and still having the same issues.
    Please let me know if this solves your issues.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad am i View Post
    I am having the same problem, the Sprint store had just done a soft reset to fix a issue I was having so I did not have any patches or themes installed when I updated. I tried deleting Preware and the Package Manager and then reinstalling and still having the same issues.
    Please let me know if this solves your issues.
    ok im probably gonna use the doctor tomorrow juist incase i loose my phone numbers...i work tonight and need the numbers just in case