Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    so iwnet to use sprint nav .. It couldn't get gps signla then all of a sudden the tomtom turned on and started directing me where I needed to go. As long as it couldn't get gps signal this worked over and over but not when I was able to get route
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grrmisfit View Post
    so iwnet to use sprint nav .. It couldn't get gps signla then all of a sudden the tomtom turned on and started directing me where I needed to go. As long as it couldn't get gps signal this worked over and over but not when I was able to get route

WHAT!
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grrmisfit View Post

WHAT! Me Confused....
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    When posting it's always a good idea to "come down" first.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    When posting it's always a good idea to "come down" first.
    LOL
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    MY pre controls the rotational speed of the earth, but only on days that all of the other laws of physics are suspended.

I just GOTTA get some of what he's smokin...
    prolly chronic, lol
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I think what he's implying is that when Sprint Nav gives up on getting a GPS lock itself,
    it tries to find a nearby bluetooth device that supports navigation and feeds it
    the destination and sets it to routing. In this case he's claiming it woke up his
    Tomtom device and it handled the route he'd started in Sprint Nav.

Frankly it sounds pretty far fetched, so I'd have to see a video to believe it.

ian
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I think what he's implying is that when Sprint Nav gives up on getting a GPS lock itself,
    it tries to find a nearby bluetooth device that supports navigation and feeds it
    the destination and sets it to routing. In this case he's claiming it woke up his
    Tomtom device and it handled the route he'd started in Sprint Nav.

Frankly it sounds pretty far fetched, so I'd have to see a video to believe it.

ian
    this is basically what happened. Tho I do not think the tomtom is By. I'll try to get a bid of it
    LOL, too funny!
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    after getting home and doing some googling it seems the data is pretty open and tomtom could easily intercept the data sprint nav is trying to get
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    There's no way it could "intercept the data". It would need to be
    told what to do. There are versions of TomTom with bluetooth support
    so that's pretty much the only way it could happen, and it would most
    likely require pairing first.

ian
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    filed under "lol wut?"

but it looks like he was able to reproduce it a few times so....
    maybe he's gene.

oh and I don't see why it's so hard to understand what he was trying to say, no offense to all.
    i think it was more ... WHAT?!?!? (Hard to Believe) Than WHAT??!?!? (Hard to understand) but than again maybe thats just me
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    its not a Bt tomtom so that part is out.. trying to reproduce it is hard and yes it was a .. WHAT?/ momment.. i heard the tomtom going off so i figured wife turned it on. i told her i was doing the same thing on phone and shes like i diddnt turn it on. so then i asked pre for another address route and the tomtom went to new destination