Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I was messing around with a bunch of apps and realized that eventually, the pre is going to look pretty busy when all the cards are in view. As hardware and software become beter utilized and more efficient, we are going to be running many programs at once, which got me thinking: the pre would look great with a carosel cardview option.

Right now, when you open up many cards, they just form a straight line-a single row. What if you could have multiple rows sort of like windows media center or the ps3 interface-put cards in whichever order you like or have tags auto-grouped so music apps have their own row and games have their own. Swipe in any direction to close.

It's so obvious that i'd bet money that it's where webos is headed. Try the patch that gets rid of the object bar and it's amazing how much screen realestate we have on this phone. Once we start using more and more programs simultaneously, we will also need a multitasking interface that keeps up with our pace. Thoughts?
    Now THAT is an idea.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    What would be neat is an expose view similar to mac osx. Possibly have the front button enable it.
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    I agree, that should be great
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Remember when the Palm website had all the cards in like a circle? And you saw a 3D view of them all? Like you're looking bird's view at a carousel.

Is that what you're talking about OP?
    I just wish the cards would loop around if there are more than three open cards.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    This actually sounds pretty cool. I didn't mind the way the cards were displayed until you mentioned this lol
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Did you guys see this?...

Emblaze's First Else unveiled in London, promises to be a game-changer -- Engadget

This is suppose to be the brain child from Access...

Its not exactly what I think you were getting at... but something thats interesting non the less...

I would love the option to allows for different styles of look and feels to choose from... ala the skins of HTC on WinMO....

Obviously I know this will come in time and also with Palm opening up the OS to allow greater access (no pun intended)
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Maybe something like that rotating thingy on SPB's Mobile Shell app, for uh ummm ... uhh .. winmo? Maybe? Yes? No?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I just want it to stop rearranging open cards when I respond to an email notification - it places the email app at the far right.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post

Emblaze's First Else unveiled in London, promises to be a game-changer -- Engadget

Its not exactly what I think you were getting at... but something thats interesting non the less...

I would love the option to allows for different styles of look and feels to choose from... ala the skins of HTC on WinMO....

Obviously I know this will come in time and also with Palm opening up the OS to allow greater access (no pun intended)
    This is very strange. It also seems impersonal, I would like to play with it. In the demo I saw they never really opened anything. They showed only the interface. No kb, yuk... Idk, maybe it is cool, but seems even more geeky than WebOS.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.

Check this out, one of the engineers who worked on Emblaze is doing work for HP/Palm per Engadget:

Emblaze First Else UX engineer embraced by HP / Palm, magic ensues -- Engadget

This could be interesting.

I was looking for this a little while ago. I think thats a cool UI.
    Ok, so I thought I'd play around with the carousel Card View idea.

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    I was messing around with a bunch of apps and realized that eventually, the pre is going to look pretty busy when all the cards are in view. As hardware and software become beter utilized and more efficient, we are going to be running many programs at once, which got me thinking: the pre would look great with a carosel cardview option.

Right now, when you open up many cards, they just form a straight line-a single row. What if you could have multiple rows sort of like windows media center or the ps3 interface-put cards in whichever order you like or have tags auto-grouped so music apps have their own row and games have their own. Swipe in any direction to close.

It's so obvious that i'd bet money that it's where webos is headed. Try the patch that gets rid of the object bar and it's amazing how much screen realestate we have on this phone. Once we start using more and more programs simultaneously, we will also need a multitasking interface that keeps up with our pace. Thoughts?
    TealOS, (a webOS "skin" for PalmOS), had a feature like this, when you got to the end it would "loop around" to the first card. You could also "lock" cards that you wanted to stay open, as well as lock the cards location, so thay would stay in the same order.

All features I wish webOS had.
    Do you mean like a spinning spice rack? A carousel? Wow...you spin it around until the card (app) you wish to use becomes the active app? Awesome idea. You gotta mention this to a developer on the design team.
    As cool as that seems, it looks like it would be resource-heavy?

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    WebOS 2.0 deals with having lots of cards by using stacks, no? By the way, ev99wutang deserves the award for digging up the oldest thread ever.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I wouldn't want it to look the way the PS3 OS is. I find it a pain to get where I'm going with that. 360 HAD a much better system in place until they updated it to be similar to the PS3 only vertical.
    We just got a PS3 for Xmas, but I haven't used it enough to know if I like or dislike it.
    I think it would be an interesting option for webOS phones, and could be even more useful on tablets

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I see pandas.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast